Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    He said Casey would be back...

He didn't say anything about paying him $8 million...

That is the key. Casey will be back making a lot less money.
    Are you sure about that? His salary is 4.89 million for this season, but he counts 8 million against the cap! If they try to cut him, and resign him to a cheaper contract, won't they take a huge cap hit? For the same reason, isn't he a poor candidate for re-structure? I can't see the Steelers doing any deal to extend him.

I might be wrong, but I think he's going to be taking home a lot of $$$ from the Black and Gold this season, even though he will probably spend a lot of it sitting on the sideline.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Are you sure about that?
    of course he isn't. Ovi has the extremely annoying habit of presenting his OPINION, as a stone cold fact, which it clearly is not.

nobody on this board knows exactly how the steelers view casey at this point. I suspect his injury has put them in a difficult spot.

that is my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti

Are you sure about that?
    of course he isn't. Ovi has the extremely annoying habit of presenting his OPINION, as a stone cold fact, which it clearly is not.

nobody on this board knows exactly how the steelers view casey at this point. I suspect his injury has put them in a difficult spot.

that is my opinion.
    do we really have to tell everyone when it's our opinion vs fact?

I thought it was common knowledge that it's always our opinion unless we provide a quote or a source?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti

Are you sure about that?

that is my opinion.
    do we really have to tell everyone when it's our opinion vs fact?

I thought it was common knowledge that it's always our opinion unless we provide a quote or a source?
    A normal person on a message board would pretty well accept that unless something is in quotes (which is why there is a function for that) it is the opinion of the writer. It just takes some longer to figure that out than others.

It is indeed my opinion, and I will state that with conviction, that Hampton WILL NOT be back at his full salary in 2012. Please respond with your opinion. Unless I see it in quotes I will assume that it in fact an opinion as per the normal course of discussion on message boards whether annoying or not.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Why is everyone in a hurry to make cuts? Besides, it's not like this team is deep at NT. Hoke retired, McClendon played well but isn't a starter, the Steelers will not be a big player in FA, which leaves the draft.....and let's face it, a rookie NT is not going start in a 3-4.

Everyone needs to take a step back to see how Hampton recovers. There is no reason to cut him now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    I expect Kemo to be cut, but I'm beginning to think that Ward, Hampton, and Farrior will be back. Even Smith and Foote could return depending on what happens with Wallace. I'm surprised.
    Not a fan of bringing Ward or Smith back...

It feels like that ex boyfriend who still hangs around your girlfriends family because he is "friends" with her brother.

16 games over 3 seasons why the hell would we bring Smith back? What do we owe him now? Are we really going to make sure he is injured for life before letting him go?
    I'm not saying it is good business or that it is what I'd do. I just get the feeling that this is where we are heading. These are leaders on this team and that is something that I think management is considering.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hampton started as a rookie, IIRC... they drafted him and immediately moved KVO to defensive end. The run D suffered in Von Oelhoffen's year at NT after Joel Steed retired, and bounced back with Casey in there. Don't see any similarly capable players out there in this draft, though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Why is everyone in a hurry to make cuts? Besides, it's not like this team is deep at NT. Hoke retired, McClendon played well but isn't a starter, the Steelers will not be a big player in FA, which leaves the draft.....and let's face it, a rookie NT is not going start in a 3-4.

Everyone needs to take a step back to see how Hampton recovers. There is no reason to cut him now.
    Here here we have all off-season to cut him
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Casey has never been fat a day in his life...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hate having all these veterans lingering around. It breeds complacency, entitlement... Besides, we have enough veterans around anyway, without all those guys (Hampton being a poster boy for entitled/complacency).

I want hungry players. Not hungry in the literal sense (i.e. Hampton). I mean hungry in the figurative sense.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.