Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let me get this straight, the same people that want Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let me get this straight, the same people that want Wallace

Gone, Also want to keep Ward and sign Plex.... This is some funny sh!t !
    OK let us get rid of young speed and keep/bring in old and slow.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Let me get this straight, the same people that want Wall

I want to find a way to re-sign Mike Wallace to a long-term contract while asking Hines to agree to a greatly reduced 1-year contract.

as for Plaxiglass, he can go cause internal problems on some other team...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    I want to find a way to re-sign Mike Wallace to a long-term contract while asking Hines to agree to a greatly reduced 1-year contract.

as for Plaxiglass, he can go cause internal problems on some other team...
    I don't see many campaigning to bring back Hines at his projected salary or beating down the doors for Burress. To say that is an exaggeration.

What I have read is knowledgable posters not wanting to overpay "super star" salaries for a less than complete WR and willing to get a #1 draft pick from someone who would overpay.

Remember if you pay franchise like money for Wallace what does that do about your ability to resign Anthony Brown in a year or two? IMO Brown is right now the much more complete WR. Obviously, his team mates thought so too which is why he was the team MVP.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Who? Who is saying sign Ward and bring back Plax? Flippy doesn't count either...he says tons of crazy stuff!

I'm not a fan of bringing back Ward, Plax or giving Wallace 9 mill a year...

The same people who complained about going deep all the time are now arguing for Wallace because he can....... "go deep all the time."

He is a great weapon to have but it's part of the reason Ben is getting killed so much... hopefully the amount of WR's in FA knocks the price down or lowers the demand for Wallace.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Uh, no. In fact, I'm not sure I've read one post that wanted Wallace gone. There are many that don't think he is worth 9.6 million. Also, how can you keep straight who wanted Ward over Burress from 6 years ago? You must have a fantastic memory. My memory from that period was that most were worried that Burress would turn out to be the better player.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Uh, no. In fact, I'm not sure I've read one post that wanted Wallace gone. There are many that don't think he is worth 9.6 million. Also, how can you keep straight who wanted Ward over Burress from 6 years ago? You must have a fantastic memory. My memory from that period was that most were worried that Burress would turn out to be the better player.
    He isn't talking about 6 years ago.. he is talking about right now. I guess someone said they would rather have Ward (on the cheap) and Plax instead of Wallace at 9.6 mill

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Some posters in the Wallace talks to the NFL thread saying they don't care if he leaves or want him to for the extra 1st round choice. I think the Steelers sign him.

I don't think anyone seriously wants Plex back - he's old, slow, and really did nothing last year.

Ward - obviously heresay, but Gerry Dulac said this week in his questions and answers -"After talking with several Steelers people in the past week, I believe Hines Ward will be back with the Steelers fro one final season"

Backup

User Info Menu

Want to see Ward go out the right way. Whatever that is...
    NOT interested in Plax. No way.
    Would like to keep Wallace. But not break the bank.
    But would not break my heart if he leaves, and Steelers have 2 number 1 drafts picks in April. I think these two picks will help team more in the long run, than keeping Wallace.
    JMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    What is the right way? I love Hines.. one of my favorite Steelers but what are we going to do with him? Bubble screen him into the HOF?

It's obvious 4 WR's are faster, quicker, healthier and stronger than Ward right now... he brings nothing to the table that he couldn't bring in a coaching position.

I guess Hines and Aaron Smith will share Duce Staley duties on the sideline next season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    What is the right way? I love Hines.. one of my favorite Steelers but what are we going to do with him? Bubble screen him into the HOF?

It's obvious 4 WR's are faster, quicker, healthier and stronger than Ward right now... he brings nothing to the table that he couldn't bring in a coaching position.

I guess Hines and Aaron Smith will share Duce Staley duties on the sideline next season.

If we are working in a new kind of offense (getting rid of the ball much quicker and stopping Ben From Buying time on his own) then we really cant use Hines any more. He is not beating anybody off the line quick..

what would be the point in having him for only 1 more year? Anytime he is on the field will be hurting the offense and stunting someone elses growth..