Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let me get this straight, the same people that want Wallace

Re: Let me get this straight, the same people that want Wall

You've seen people say they want Wallace gone? I haven't read a lot on the board lately, but it seems like some are saying we have to keep him at all costs, while others say 1st round tender should be enough.

I'd say all (or at least the VAST majority) want to keep Wallace. Some just don't want to overpay when we think we could get him for cheaper. They see a 1st round pick as compensation a better worst case scenario than paying him $9.5M this year so he walks next year (and we get a 3rd or 4th comp the year after that provided we don't bring in a UFA).

I think most people's fear is that we can either have one year (at a hefty price) of Wallace and get nothing for him, or we can lose him and get nothing.

I think a lot of us are not sold on his game being complete and the risk of a long term contract might not be worth it b/c that would mean Antonio Brown would be gone eventually.

If we can get a 1st rounder for him now, i say we take it.
    As for Hines, Plex, etc. they shouldn't even be in the discussion.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

I love Hines, he's the guy on my jersey, but for Pete's sake, he couldn't even get on the field in the last game - non-injured.

Unless he's found a reverse time machine, I can't think of one single positive thing he would bring to the field next year over the other guys. He might have all the knowledge and wisdom in the world, but the last few times I saw him try to make moves on the field, he was so slow compared to everyone else he looked like he was in some other dimension. Plus, if seemed to me his dropped passes were becoming more and more frequent. NOT a good omen for a productive upcoming season, IMO.

He got his 10K yards, let him retire this year and get into the HOF one year sooner. I read somewhere on this board that if he waits too long there will be a crop of great receivers up for consideration there that will hurt his chance.

Signed,

Asbestos Suit Man

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Unless he's found a reverse time machine
    You expect Jiga to be able to get the DeLorean up to 88 mph going backwards?!?!

That would be a heck of a feat without a rear view mirror since the flux capacitor is blocking out the rear window.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Unless he's found a reverse time machine
    You expect Jiga to be able to get the DeLorean up to 88 mph going backwards?!?!

That would be a heck of a feat without a rear view mirror since the flux capacitor is blocking out the rear window.
    No, no, you don't get it, the flux capacitor is not a problem!

Since it's a reverse time machine, he won't need no steenkin' rear view mirror to know where to go - he'll already have been there!

Simple, right?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Hines was never fast. His niche is finding a soft spot in the zone, catching the ball in traffic, holding on to the ball while getting hit. I think with an OC that has a good redzone mind, Hines would be on the field inside the 20's over Wallace.
    @_Hellgrammite

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Hines was never fast. His niche is finding a soft spot in the zone, catching the ball in traffic, holding on to the ball while getting hit. I think with an OC that has a good redzone mind, Hines would be on the field inside the 20's over Wallace.
    +1

Hines still knows where to sit down in that zone and make himself big. That, his blocking ability, and his toughness are the reasons he has played this long. He is still a valuable weapon for us.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>