Thread: Is Ron Paul Romney's Lackey?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Ron Paul Romney's Lackey?

Ron's got some different ideas. No one is taking him seriously as a legitimate candidate. But he seems to be laying the groundwork to change the Republican party. So kudos to him for what he's out there doing.

But is he simply in the race to do Romney's dirty work? And why?

Paul doesn't seem to attack Romney, but he goes hard after every one of his challengers. First Perry, then Newt, and now Santorum.

Good for Santorum for calling it out. But what's really going on here?

Does Paul want to be Romney's VP?

Does he want something for his son?

Paul seems honest. Seems genuine. Seems consistent. But I have to agree with the sentiment that something strange is going on here.

Curious if anyone has any ideas? I haven't heard an explanation that makes sense.

Maybe he's doing it for Obama? Because no one I know likes Romney. Seems like he'd be the candidate to get trounced by Obama.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Is Ron Paul Romney's Lackey?

Some people who claim to know about these things write that he is doing it preserve his claim to be the "True Conservative" in the race. Currently the biggest obstacle to that is Santorum. Paul does better when it is a 2-man race between Mitt "Shapeshifter" Romney (who no one confuses with a "True Conservative") and him. More power at the convention etc. for the honest and true* Dr. Paul that way, and of course more donations into the campaign and time in the headlines.

* "What me, publisher of a fascist race-baiting newsletter? You actually believe those mudslinging news media types who say I actually knew about the content of my own newsletter - just because my ex-employees say so, my name was at the bottom of every issue, and every issue was published with my own money?? Well - I never!!".

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They are buddy-buddy because both know that the only chance a Republican has at beating Obama is for Mitt and Ron to team up.

Mitt is going to win the nomination. Ron has a ferocious backing, many of whom would likely not vote for Romney in the general election....

...unless Ron or Rand Paul are on the ticket as his VP.

It's the only strategy that will secure a republican victory in November.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is pure speculation but on the way back from going to see Dr. Paul speak up in Freeport my wife and I were talking about his chances of winning and I said whatever his politics, he had very little chance of winning the Republican primary. She then asked me why I thought he was staying in the race and I had a few thoughts including the simple explanation that he might purely in it for advocating his views.

However, one thing I suggested that I haven't seen talked about anywhere is the simple fact that by staying in the campaign he builds a network of supporters that he can try to pass on to his son.

George W. Bush had both a great ground game and a great organization because he was able to tap into the network that George HW Bush built over the course of three national campaigns (four if you count 1984),

Ron Paul is running a shoe-string grass-roots campaign and has strong appeal to young politically minded people. If Rand Paul comes back to them in 12 or 16 years, he will have a very powerful base.

Not saying this is Paul's only reason for running. But I'm sure the point isn't lost on him.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd rather see Rand Paul come back and tap into his father's political base in 4 or 8 years, or even better in 8 months as Mitt's VP.

Legend

User Info Menu

Paul shares flights with Romney, and they have worked together to coordinate campaign events. In Michigan, where he barely campaigned, he ran ads attacking, not front-runner Romney, but rather Santorum. Strange behavior if you're serious about becoming President.

Then there's his criticism of opponents regarding earmarks. Come to find out, Paul was one of the biggest earmarkers out there...see [url]http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Ron-Paul-s-Earmarks[/url]. He would routinely load a bunch of earmarks for his home district into a bill he knew was going to pass, then he'd vote AGAINST the bill to come off looking like a fiscal conservative.

I had once considered voting for him, but I discovered, as more and more people are, that the Ron Paul revolution is a fraud.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ron Paul is doing a very good job of getting delegates away from both Romeny and Santorum. THing that the media isn't putting out there is that Ron Paul is winning a huge percentage of UNBOUND delegates. So when it comes time to count them up, even though Romney won the state, Paul won the delegates. He's pushing for a brokered convention, and he has been from the start, because he knows he can't compete with Goldman Sachs (or however you spell it). If it's Romeny vs. Obama, then the true winner will be Goldman Sachs (since they're the major backer of both).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Ron Paul is doing a very good job of getting delegates away from both Romeny and Santorum. THing that the media isn't putting out there is that Ron Paul is winning a huge percentage of UNBOUND delegates. So when it comes time to count them up, even though Romney won the state, Paul won the delegates. He's pushing for a brokered convention, and he has been from the start, because he knows he can't compete with Goldman Sachs (or however you spell it). If it's Romeny vs. Obama, then the true winner will be Goldman Sachs (since they're the major backer of both).
    This is correct. Media won't advise you of the real events going on and the actuall grassroots activism that the Ron Paul campaign is getting. I have much faith going forward of a brokard convention... Not saying it WILL happen but we are certainly doing are best to get those delagates, because, after all, they are what matter in this nomination process for the Republican ticket.
    Last edited by AzStillers1989; 03-21-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There's an awesome video floating around YouTube about how CNN refused to shwo their own polls for who was the favorite (it had thousands of votes) and it showed Ron Paul had 78% of the votes on that poll. CNN instead showed ANOTHER poll (with a total of 54 votes), and it showed Mitt Romney crushing everyone and Ron Paul had 0% of the votes. Our system is becoming more and more corrupt and it's sad that most people refuse to look into the actual facts. they look at the stupid box to get their information and the VAST MAJORITY of it is wrong. CNN keeps pushing how many delegates Romney has down everyone's throats to get people to stop voting for Paul. Problem is that NO ONE has an actual count of delegates, just projections. Ron Paul has stolen many of these delegates right out from under the other candidates. AND he didn't have to do it FRAUDUANTELY like Romney.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    There's an awesome video floating around YouTube about how CNN refused to shwo their own polls for who was the favorite (it had thousands of votes) and it showed Ron Paul had 78% of the votes on that poll. CNN instead showed ANOTHER poll (with a total of 54 votes), and it showed Mitt Romney crushing everyone and Ron Paul had 0% of the votes. Our system is becoming more and more corrupt and it's sad that most people refuse to look into the actual facts. they look at the stupid box to get their information and the VAST MAJORITY of it is wrong. CNN keeps pushing how many delegates Romney has down everyone's throats to get people to stop voting for Paul. Problem is that NO ONE has an actual count of delegates, just projections. Ron Paul has stolen many of these delegates right out from under the other candidates. AND he didn't have to do it FRAUDUANTELY like Romney.
    I agree with you about the information gathed by the masses being off base. Ron Paul supporters are loyal and the fact that they are filling up so many delegate spots will make it very interesting come august if a brokered convention is reached. Keep your mind open and keep on seeking truth brotha(or sister).