Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace interviewed on NFL Radio

Re: Mike Wallace interviewed on NFL Radio

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Who is more like Ward on our roster right now? AB or Wallace?

Guys like Wallace are easily replaced because it's all speed. I could see if Wallace was drawing penalties, causing havoc underneath, shielding players with his body and putting on a clinic but 95% of his production is sprinting past defenders...

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to keep all our weapons but he can be replaced. Our FO does an excellent job finding fast WR with raw talent and getting production out of them on day 1.
    I am a huge Antonio Brown fan however this is so ridiculous!!

Let's go over their careers so far. Wallace averages a TD once every 7.12 receptions and Brown averages one ever 42.5 times. Just over the past two years (since that is all Brown has so far), Wallace has 132 receptions and 18 TD's and Brown has 85 receptions and 2 TD's. And this is all with Brown actually being targeted more than Wallace this past season.

Antonio Brown doesnt score TD's, Mike Wallace does and often.

But some think he only catches deep passes. Yeah 132 receptions over the past two years only going deep.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

I seem to remember wallace drawing several PI flags last year too Dub.

his main weakness is not fighting for the ball in traffic.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    He is Nate Washington with slightly better hands.
    Seriously?

In Wallace's worst season, his rookie year, as the #3 WR behind Hines and Holmes (i.e. the same exact role Washington played here), he was better than Nate's best year as a Steeler (MW: 39-756-19.4-6 in year 1 vs. NW: 40-631-15.8-3 in year 3). Then, of course, he went on to 60-1257-21.0-10 and 72-1193-16.6-8 seasons, blowing away anything Nate ever did as a Steeler (or a Titan, for that matter). It wasn't until Nate's 7th season (as the #1 WR in Tennessee) that he finally had a season that was better than Mike's rookie year (as the #3 WR in Pittsburgh).
    You didn't have to post the stats... I know Wallace has superior stats but they both did one thing in our offense. Wallace is still a one trick WR.
    Tomlin used the "one-trick-pony" quasi-insult as a motivational tool a couple of years ago. Wallace was asked to do more than just run go routes this year (he ran crossing routes, curls, hitches, etc.). He had a dozen more catches this season than last, but had 64 fewer yards (average per catch went from 21.0 to 16.6) because he was involved in the offense in more ways than just one trick...he wasn't always sent deep.

Hall of Famer

Amazing how a one trick pony & who is so replaceable puts up those numbers and keeps DCs awake all night. I will take another one of them and pay him 9 mil too. :P

Legend

Seriously?

In Wallace's worst season, his rookie year, as the #3 WR behind Hines and Holmes (i.e. the same exact role Washington played here), he was better than Nate's best year as a Steeler (MW: 39-756-19.4-6 in year 1 vs. NW: 40-631-15.8-3 in year 3). Then, of course, he went on to 60-1257-21.0-10 and 72-1193-16.6-8 seasons, blowing away anything Nate ever did as a Steeler (or a Titan, for that matter). It wasn't until Nate's 7th season (as the #1 WR in Tennessee) that he finally had a season that was better than Mike's rookie year (as the #3 WR in Pittsburgh).
    You didn't have to post the stats... I know Wallace has superior stats but they both did one thing in our offense. Wallace is still a one trick WR.
    Tomlin used the "one-trick-pony" quasi-insult as a motivational tool a couple of years ago. Wallace was asked to do more than just run go routes this year (he ran crossing routes, curls, hitches, etc.). He had a dozen more catches this season than last, but had 64 fewer yards (average per catch went from 21.0 to 16.6) because he was involved in the offense in more ways than just one trick...he wasn't always sent deep.
    Bubble screens...

Wallace averaged 46 yards the last 8 games last year. I'm sorry but just don't think Wallace is worth what he may command in FA...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Seriously?

Bubble screens...

Wallace averaged 46 yards the last 8 games last year. I'm sorry but just don't think Wallace is worth what he may command in FA...
    And he averaged 100 yards per game over the first 8 games.

Is Woodley not worthy of his deal because sometimes he averages a sack a game over one half of a season, and may only get a couple of sacks total in the other half?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Who is more like Ward on our roster right now? AB or Wallace?

Guys like Wallace are easily replaced because it's all speed. I could see if Wallace was drawing penalties, causing havoc underneath, shielding players with his body and putting on a clinic but 95% of his production is sprinting past defenders...

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to keep all our weapons but he can be replaced. Our FO does an excellent job finding fast WR with raw talent and getting production out of them on day 1.
    I am a huge Antonio Brown fan however this is so ridiculous!!

Let's go over their careers so far. Wallace averages a TD once every 7.12 receptions and Brown averages one ever 42.5 times. Just over the past two years (since that is all Brown has so far), Wallace has 132 receptions and 18 TD's and Brown has 85 receptions and 2 TD's. And this is all with Brown actually being targeted more than Wallace this past season.

Antonio Brown doesnt score TD's, Mike Wallace does and often.

But some think he only catches deep passes. Yeah 132 receptions over the past two years only going deep.
    We aren't debating who has better stats, we are debating over his worth to our team in a salary cap nightmare.

AB doesn't score TD's but he moves the chains and his work ethic is insane.

I like Wallace but I don't think he is #1 WR material or worth 9 mill...

I'm trying hard to remember the last time Mike Wallace made a play when we really needed on in a big game.

46 yards a game the last 8 games of the season? 3 receptions in the Denver game?

Legend

Is Woodley not worthy of his deal because sometimes he averages a sack a game over one half of a season, and may only get a couple of sacks total in the other half?
    Half the board thinks Woodley was stealing from us last season.

I don't expect a player to have insane stats every game but if we give Wallace 9 mill a year will you think he is worth it if he disappears half the season?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Guys like Wallace are easily replaced because it's all speed.
    Then why isn't the guy with the fastest 40 time at the Combine catching 1200 yards worth of passes per year and averaging a TD catch every other game played?

Because every team isn't the Steelers

In our offense we haven't had a hard time replacing WR's... you guys talk about Wallace like he is Jerry Rice.

He is Nate Washington with slightly better hands... look at our WR roster and tell me it's hard to find talent at WR. It's a myth.

Wallace isn't beating double teams, breaking tackles or ripping the ball out of the sky. He is running fast and catching the ball.
    Steelers lucked out on the current stable and you know that. Look at the high picks we spent over the years and you couldn't say it. That myth of yours was a reality for the Steelers over the years. The Steelers had the luck of hitting on Ward, Plax, & Holmes. There were alot of 1st & 2nd round picks spent on WR over the years. Wallace's potential could exceed all of those.

Wallace is beating double teams and that is what makes him so good. You know the game plans...I assume you watch the games. One false step by a safety on the play action and Wallace is running by both of them. You think because the Safety isn't close enough to touch him it wasn't his reponsiblity to help the CB over the top when he was standing on the hash to Wallace's side presnap? How many games did you watch where Wallace was on an island with 9 in the box. I can't remember seeing one snap all year with cover 0 when Wallace was on the field. He has more going for him than just "running by people". There are many who came into the league that had the speed to do that but amounted to nothing. I have seen many hand snags & broken tackles. Wallace has to be doing something else right to keep himself on the field.
    It's a different NFL... with so many HS and college teams running the spread WR's are going to be deep in every draft.

We can easily pick up another talented speedy WR and we will have the same results..

We'll probably be a better overall team if Ben doesn't spend half the game looking for Wallace...

Hall of Famer

Half the board thinks Woodley was stealing from us last season.

I don't expect a player to have insane stats every game but if we give Wallace 9 mill a year will you think he is worth it if he disappears half the season?
    If you know what his presence on the field does to the rest of the offense...Absolutely! And you won't know what that value is unless he is not on the field. Maybe you get your wish.