Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Peter Konz

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Peter Konz

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NW Steeler":1jcy16tu
    Isn't there a lot of talk about how "raw" Poe is? I cant see the Steelers drafting him if this is the case. I know people will point to the selection of Timmons, but I don't see it happening. There seems to be far too many other positions of need they can fill with their first round pick than taking a chance on a 2-down player.
    Poe is raw but that has alot to do with his level of competition and coaching. The interview process & drills will determine if the raw is a concern or simple coaching to tap his potential. The determination of Poe being 2 down player is what is up in the air. Is he a Ngata or a Ted Washington? Most would say they would be happy with either. NT is a positions of need right up there with G & ILB. Rate it anyway you want but that is the big 3.[/quote:1jcy16tu]
    Haven't seen a single article where its suggested Poe is only a "2-down" player. A guy with his athleticism & pursuit doesn't come off the field on 3rd down. I imagine after the combine Poe is going to become very popular & may be beyond our reach.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Rookie

User Info Menu

[quote=Steel Life][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3yc6vu0d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NW Steeler":3yc6vu0d
    Isn't there a lot of talk about how "raw" Poe is? I cant see the Steelers drafting him if this is the case. I know people will point to the selection of Timmons, but I don't see it happening. There seems to be far too many other positions of need they can fill with their first round pick than taking a chance on a 2-down player.
    Poe is raw but that has alot to do with his level of competition and coaching. The interview process & drills will determine if the raw is a concern or simple coaching to tap his potential. The determination of Poe being 2 down player is what is up in the air. Is he a Ngata or a Ted Washington? Most would say they would be happy with either. NT is a positions of need right up there with G & ILB. Rate it anyway you want but that is the big 3.[/quote:3yc6vu0d]
    Haven't seen a single article where its suggested Poe is only a "2-down" player. A guy with his athleticism & pursuit doesn't come off the field on 3rd down. I imagine after the combine Poe is going to become very popular & may be beyond our reach.[/quote:3yc6vu0d]

Not every player can become very popular and be beyond the Steelers' reach...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Konz is 6'5 315 pounds. He is athletic and excels as a run blocker. He is able to hit multiple targets and is very smart. He is an efficient pass protector.

What exactly is your objection to him playing guard? Converting from center to guard is quite easy.
    I like that.
    I haven't started following; I will now that the combine is started. This DeCastro kid... is he a pipe dream (in the last part of the first round)?
    Yes, he's a pipe dream in the last part of the first round. He may come off the board in the early teens, actually. But if he lasts to the mid-teens, I continue to advocate trading up to get him. I think he's as close to a sure thing as you'll find in the draft (at a position that also happens to be our biggest weakness).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

OL is possibly the one group that you simply can't get a good judgement out of from the Combine. No amount of bench pressing, 40-yard running, cone drills or jumping shows you the players ability to hold the line, open holes- generally play good OL football.

Peter Konz can play- regardless of how his Combine goes.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MCD6m7ixXg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MCD6m7ixXg[/url]
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This isn't to fuel an argument but....I didn't like him before the combine and what I saw was confirmed. What he "DID" do at the combine explains what I see when I watch him on tape. Right now...He is a positional blocker and not a mauler. Will struggle with an NFL caliber NT on his face if asked to block him 1 on 1. That being said, he is a good football player. He has decent feet & is a good knee bender which helps with his leverage but lack of upper body strength will be evident early and his hand placement because of that will get him exposed. He could get better with time in the weight room and learning technique but to me he is being consider fist round talent because he is the best C in the draft. Would be best in an offense that is in shotgun alot early in his career. Not 1st round G talent. Zietler is better in space & on the move. Konz seems to miss & find targets on the move.

Best thing to do when you want to see a guy in game is watch game highlights not just career highlights. You get to see every snap good and bad. I put a link below of Konz against OSU & Zeitler. What made me frown the most was what Zeitler & Frederick did to my beloved PSU. Zeitler set himself up in that game and I thought Zeitler and Frederick's ability to combination block & Zeitler's trapping is what won that game. I didn't see Konz & Zeitler combination as much and most of the time I saw double teams. I question why after seeing the PSU game.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4Ct96jlEc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4Ct96jlEc[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phahBI8uxKw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phahBI8uxKw[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    This isn't to fuel an argument but....I didn't like him before the combine and what I saw was confirmed. What he "DID" do at the combine explains what I see when I watch him on tape. Right now...He is a positional blocker and not a mauler. Will struggle with an NFL caliber NT on his face if asked to block him 1 on 1. That being said, he is a good football player. He has decent feet & is a good knee bender which helps with his leverage but lack of upper body strength will be evident early and his hand placement because of that will get him exposed. He could get better with time in the weight room and learning technique but to me he is being consider fist round talent because he is the best C in the draft. Would be best in an offense that is in shotgun alot early in his career. Not 1st round G talent. Zietler is better in space & on the move. Konz seems to miss & find targets on the move.

Best thing to do when you want to see a guy in game is watch game highlights not just career highlights. You get to see every snap good and bad. I put a link below of Konz against OSU & Zeitler. What made me frown the most was what Zeitler & Frederick did to my beloved PSU. Zeitler set himself up in that game and I thought Zeitler and Frederick's ability to combination block & Zeitler's trapping is what won that game. I didn't see Konz & Zeitler combination as much and most of the time I saw double teams. I question why after seeing the PSU game.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4Ct96jlEc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4Ct96jlEc[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phahBI8uxKw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phahBI8uxKw[/url]

Good post. I think the analysis is spot on. I like Zeitler in the 2nd if we don't move up to get Decastro or Glenn in the 1st. Did you see Zeitlers legs. If he could just move them around a bit quicker and cut the jersey grabbing a tad or get better technique with it. To get Zeitler in the 2nd we'd probably have to move up to the top half of the 2nd. What do you think?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pick6

I like Zeitler in the 2nd if we don't move up to get Decastro or Glenn in the 1st. Did you see Zeitlers legs. If he could just move them around a bit quicker and cut the jersey grabbing a tad or get better technique with it. To get Zeitler in the 2nd we'd probably have to move up to the top half of the 2nd. What do you think?

for some reason i'm gun shy about picking OGs from Wisconsin...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha