Thread: Current DraftTek mock for Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Current DraftTek mock for Steelers

That's a lot of beef for both sides of the trenches!

1. NT Dontari Poe, Memphis, 6'5" 350 lbs.
    2. OG Kelechi Osemele, Iowa St., 6'5" 347 lbs.
    3. OT Nate Potter, Boise St., 6'6" 298 lbs.
    4. WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas, 5'10" 180 lbs.
    5. DE Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati, 6'5" 295 lbs.
    6. ILB Jerry Franklin, Arkansas, 6'1" 245 lbs.
    7. SS Winston Guy, Kentucky, 6'1" 212 lbs.

[url]http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp[/url]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Current DraftTek mock for Steelers

2 Steeler Mock Drafts: Pre-Combine

by steel.curtain.number2 on Feb 23, 2012

I wanted to get some thoughts out there before the combine really kicks off, so I decided to put together a Steeler Mock. Then, I decided I'd put a second one together to prepare us in the event a team signs Mike Wallace away from us.

SCENARIO 1: NO TRADES

1.24. Dont'a Hightower ILB, Alabama

2.24. Alameda Ta'amu NT, Washington

3.24. Brandon Brooks G, Miami (OH)

4.24. Isiah Pead RB, Cincinnati

5.24. Philip Thomas S, Syracuse

6.24. Greg Zuerlein K, Missouri Western

7.24. Ethan Johnson DE, Notre Dame

This draft mostly overhauls the defense. Hightower and Ta'amu could theoretically start right away which would be unheard of for a Dick Lebeau defense. Thomas and Johnson would provide depth behind starters with Thomas having potential to develop into Ryan Clark's replacement in a few years. Brooks could also start right away, mostly because of a lack of other options, but he's a mauler in the run game at 6'5", 350lbs. Pead would be a great 3rd down RB (something Todd Haley loves) and Zuerlein would be an immediate upgrade over Suisham -- cheaper too.

SCENARIO 2: WALLACE GOES TO SAN FRANCISCO

Trade 1.24. and 2.24. to Dallas for 1.14.

1.14. David DeCastro G, Stanford

1.30. Dontari Poe NT, Memphis

3.24. Bobby Wagner ILB, Utah State

4.24. Dwight Jones WR, UNC

5.24. Andrew Datko OT, Florida State

6.24. Chris Rainey RB, Florida

7.24. Blair Walsh K, Georgia

The extra 1st round pick gives us the flexibility to package a few picks and move up for DeCastro who would immediately solidify the left side of our line. Poe would also start right away and finish the youth movement on the DL. Wagner is going to miss the combine because of pneumonia, which could keep him under the radar for most teams, which is exactly where we want him. He could be a stud ILB and would compete with Sylvester for playing time this year. Jones, Datko and Rainey will all be role players to start, but could develop into solid backups at the least. Walsh is also brought in to compete with Suisham.

[url="http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/2/23/2820357/2-steeler-mock-drafts-pre-combine"]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... re-combine[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    That's a lot of beef for both sides of the trenches!

1. NT Dontari Poe, Memphis, 6'5" 350 lbs.
    2. OG Kelechi Osemele, Iowa St., 6'5" 347 lbs.
    3. OT Nate Potter, Boise St., 6'6" 298 lbs.
    4. WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas, 5'10" 180 lbs.
    5. DE Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati, 6'5" 295 lbs.
    6. ILB Jerry Franklin, Arkansas, 6'1" 245 lbs.
    7. SS Winston Guy, Kentucky, 6'1" 212 lbs.

[url]http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp[/url]

One of the best simulated mocks yet from that site. I could live with that one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love that drafttek model. It is a lot of fun. But, their ratings and rankings are usually suspect at best. That said, I'd be very happy with that haul. All of those players would be helpful, and they mostly fill positions of need.

I also like both of the scenarios from Hawaiian's post.

This is a relatively deep draft, and I'm pretty stoked for it.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

March 7 Drafttek draft-

1st- Dontari Poe, DT
    2nd- James Brown, OG
    3rd- Emmanuel Acho, ILB
    4th- Chris Rainy, WR
    5th- Ryan Lindley, QB
    6th- Ryan Von Bergen, DE
    7th- George Bryan, TE

Legend

User Info Menu

March 21 Draftek

1st - Dontari Poe (again), NT, Memphis
    2nd - Brandon Washington, OG, Miami
    3rd - Kheeston Randall, 3-4 DE, Texas
    4th - Emmanuel Acho, ILB, Texas
    5th - Terrance Ganaway, RB, Baylor
    6th - Olivier Vernon, 3-4 OLB, Miami
    7th - Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Their current rendition of the Steelers draft is probably the most accurate I have seen to date. They show all 10 picks.....all brotha's, and even threw in the typical late round black QB that will never amount to anything in the NFL.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Their current rendition of the Steelers draft is probably the most accurate I have seen to date. They show all 10 picks.....all brotha's, and even threw in the typical late round black QB that will never amount to anything in the NFL.....
    Had to check it out...it was interesting that the first 4 picks were all in the trenches on both sides of the ball (NT, OG, DE, OT) and then the next two picks were both linebackers...no "skill" positions whatsoever until round 7.

1. NT Dontari Poe, Memphis
    2. OG Kelechi Osemele, Iowa St.
    3. DE Kheeston Randle, Texas
    4. OT Matt McCants, UAB
    5. ILB James-Michael Johnson, Nevada
    6. OLB Olivier Vernon, Miami
    7. QB Jordan Jefferson, LSU
    7. RB Brandon Bolden, Ole Miss
    7. FS Christian Thompson, South Carolina St.
    7. WR Greg Childs, Arkansas
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.