Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plaxico?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Plaxico?

Plax had his chance to become a Steeler again and decided instead to go to the Jets who were offering him more $

turned out to be a bad choice, which is something Plax is good at making...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

If his heart is in Philadelphia, then why bother? I’d rather have Cotchery any day of the week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Everyone knows I'm not a Plaxico fan but being slow and having 8 TD's on the Jets isn't a bad thing IMO.

Plax was never fast... he's big and would be a huge target in the RZ plus Ben and Plax have chemistry.

I'm still not a fan of Plax but he didn't show his back side in NYJ and if we lost Wallace he would be the perfect WR to insert in the offense to keep a D honest. He wouldn't stretch the field but he would be a monster in the 8 to 15 yard range due to his size.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not really advocating going after Plax to put him back in Black and Gold - though I wouldn't mind if we did. I'm just surprised that there isn't more chatter about him in general around the league.

Here in DC, all the talk radio heads talk about is bringing in Peyton Manning and bringing in Moss with no talk about Plax. They have learned NOTHING here in DC about how to build a team. They all acknolwedge that Shannahan is here short term (3-5 years max) and they want to win NOW. That's always their problem!!! They want to win NOW without doing what it takes to actually build a team. This city goes nutz for bringing in old, washed up, high profile free agents year after year and paying them what no other team will pay them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Plax had his chance to become a Steeler again and decided instead to go to the Jets who were offering him more $

turned out to be a bad choice, which is something Plax is good at making...

he also chose to go to a team he would start at

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why not use Heath and Saunders in the red zone like other teams use other TEs. Our last OC loved using 500 TEs but never really passed to them in the red zone. The threat of the run and pass needed to be there in his scheme...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...