Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Pa's legacy

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Joe Pa's legacy

I may have screwed up the timeline but it all surrounds a former coach who was a pedophile. I think it's foolish to be a coach for 60+ years, has this incident happen in the showers with a former coach and think reporting it to a "superior" is the end of my responsibilities.

If that was me I would make noise, go to the press or resign because "at the end of the day" I'm the face of the program and it's going to ruin my legacy.

Politicians donate or return money received from donors who end up in trouble for a reason. I know this is totally different but I think Joe had a responsibility to completely wash his hands of Sandusky publicly in order to protect his legacy. He knew more about Sandusky then 99% of the public and he had to know once it hit the news it would fall on his shoulders.

I've also heard that the hard drives on the computer of the DA who went missing also "disappeared"
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Anyone who works for a school or educational entity is considered a mandatory reporter. Joe did follow the University procedure but he did not follow legal statute.
    by calling the Police, he not only violates PA law
    MJG, THIS IS WRONG.

Look at the law yourself.
    [url="http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/055/chapter3490/subchapatoc.html"]http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/055/c ... patoc.html[/url]

Why are you LYING about this?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure that the UPD and the State police are not one and the same. I personally feel like he did what he was supposed to do. But he should have taken it up with officers not affiliated with the university. He also could have called the child abuse hotline that mandatory reporters are required to call whenever an allegation of child abuse is disclosed to them by an employee they supervise.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LouSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Anyone who works for a school or educational entity is considered a mandatory reporter. Joe did follow the University procedure but he did not follow legal statute.
    by calling the Police, he not only violates PA law
    MJG, THIS IS WRONG.

Look at the law yourself.
    [url="http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/055/chapter3490/subchapatoc.html"]http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/055/c ... patoc.html[/url]

Why are you LYING about this?

I don't lie and I don't read through legal language. But I have lawyer friends that do. And my assertion is based on their assessment..

You must be a PANTARD. Living in glee that JoePa has been dragged down.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't lie and I don't read through legal language. But I have lawyer friends that do. And my assertion is based on their assessment..

If your insane idea was true every single television station, every single newspaper, every single blog in Pennsylvania would be lining up to say "hey, look -- Joe Pa did exactly what he was supposed to do". They haven't.

You might want to find some better lawyers, because if they can't understand something that simple, I wouldn't trust them with any of my papers.

And actually, I live in Kentucky and couldn't give two ****s about the Panthers -- I actually like to see them lose, Big East and all. But I really won't have much reason to think about them after this season...

See, like I said -- you're deluded. Your love of Penn State has blinded you to the truth. It's sad, really.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LouSteel

If your insane idea was true every single television station, every single newspaper, every single blog in Pennsylvania would be lining up to say "hey, look -- Joe Pa did exactly what he was supposed to do". They haven't.

You might want to find some better lawyers, because if they can't understand something that simple, I wouldn't trust them with any of my papers.

And actually, I live in Kentucky and couldn't give two ****s about the Panthers -- I actually like to see them lose, Big East and all. But I really won't have much reason to think about them after this season...

See, like I said -- you're deluded. Your love of Penn State has blinded you to the truth. It's sad, really.

Yeah. The Media. BSPN and sites/papers/stations that make money on getting attention are going to do that vs. put out the most egregious headlines to get hits/clicks/viewers/sales.

If you are that naive w/ the media then you are a sheep like most Americans and I can't help you.
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is a PANTARD?

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Felt,

Roughly translated I believe it mean "Retarded Pitt Panther fan."

MJG,

I guess I am on those Pantards...you know the one who just last year posted on a Pitt blog about how we wished we as Pitt fans were jealous and wanted Wanny to be that lifetime coach that ran a clean program.

I wrote how I admired JoePa and his administration, and while i thought his ego got the best of him for the Pitt/PSU rivalry cause of the past, I still respected his program.

That all changed when I read the Grand Jury testimony.

I am saddened by his fall from grace, but that is what hubris will do to you. He wasn't a bad man by any sense of the word, but his blind spot was PSU...his greatest strength and weakness.

MJG--I will not spend a moment thinking about JoePa's legacy or PSU's future. I really could care a less as either one. I care about the systematic cover up of child rape. I don't have kids--but I dated a girl whose 13 year old sister was raped walking home from school. She attempted suicide because she couldn't come to grips with it.

I think back about how beautiful and sweet that girl was even after dealing with all of that. I hated that man, and wanted nothing more than to kill him. Yes kill him...I know that is wrong, but that is the rage I felt.

I guess it makes me a Pantard, because I can't fathom how a man of such stature and moral conviction could allow this predatory evil have an office on campus. Sometimes you need to put your morality over your legacy.

That was his sin--sorry if that tarnishes his legacy. I find it to be a far more fair punishment then those children whose whole lives have been destroyed by that monster.

So call me a Pantard, I will wear it proudly.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Guess I'm a PANTARD too...

Still don't see what that has to do with this scandal. It's not like Pitt fans have a reason to want PSU to fall from grace... especially not like this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pantard is my new pet name for Pitt people.. since their new favorite pet name for PSU is PedState and their new pet name for Joe is JoePed.

Talk about hypocrites.. in one breath saying how horrible this is (which the crime is) and in the next creating these cute little nicknames.

... in answer to the question.. Sandusky is the criminal. BUT he DIDN'T work for Joe in 2002. He was 'professor emeritus" status as a retired employee.. Joe had no authority to keep him off campus.
    another AA/AS original.