Thread: When does the other stone turn?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

When does the other stone turn?

Long time no post, been lurking decided it was time to post again.

Now that things are starting to settle good and bad when do we kick Omar into overdrive and start attacking this salary cap issues to line up for the draft. I thought most of this had to be completed, restructures, cuts and such even though we would like to hold off had to be done now or before March 1 or early March. It will help us in determing where there maybe other holes to fill or maybe where we can make do.

The upcomming draft looks like there is a lot of mid round 2-4 type talent but where we are selecting in the 1st nothing that really suits our pick for the most part, I think after this salary cap is pared into place we will have a clearer picture of where to go. Looking forward to a busy and exciting off season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: When does the other stone turn?

Welcome back to the Planet

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Ford you got a couple months on me but many 1000's of posts. Love reading the board havent felt like there is much to add to the conversation until recently.

It seems like the Haley hire stirred the pot, the possible suspension of a young TE many saw good things in, etc; however no one was asking the question that I wanted to know an answer too. When is all the inevitable shiza to hit the proverbial fan, vrooom... I feel like a kid on Christmas eve ready to turn the page and get it on, B&G style.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_Steel
    It will help us in determing where there maybe other holes to fill or maybe where we can make do.
    While us fans would like to see what is going to happen already, the FO knows what they are planning. So, we can believe that any plans on which holes need to be filled are in place regardless of the fact that cuts have yet to be announced.

Legend

User Info Menu

Offseason calendar:

Feb. 20: Franchise tag can be applied.
    Feb. 22-28: NFL Combine
    March 5: Deadline to apply franchise tag
    March 13: Free agency begins at 4 p.m.
    March 25-28: NFL owners’ meetings
    Mid-April: Teams begin offseason programs
    April 26-28: The NFL Draft begins in NYC
    Late July: Training camps begin
    Early August: Preseason begins
    Sept. 6: Season opener
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Thanks RB... you to SFTO. I hear what you are saying, of course the front office knows, part of the fun in the internet is speculation.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

and it begins... should have waited another day to post but they have a lot of work ahead.

Steelers Create Cap Space by Renegotiating Woodley’s Contract

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wexell posted that Woodley's contract has already been re-structured and expects Timmons and Ben to follow. From hhis post today:

"* According to our numbers man Ian Whetstone, who humbly credited another numbers man at another site here on our message board, the Steelers have restructured the contract of LaMarr Woodley and cut $6.5 million off their cap number.

Ian had predicted last month that the Steelers would be able to do this, and he predicts it will happen with Lawrence Timmons as well. Throw in the fact the Steelers will be able to restructure Roethlisberger and you can see why the Steelers need not worry about cutting everybody with age and a hefty salary, as has become the accepted media myth."