Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not for gay marriage or gays adopting kids. If a person is gay that is his/her problem, not the communities or countries problem. I believe in the bible and that is how I run my life or at least try my best. I don't hate gays or treat them badly. Once you start accepting crap like this there goes society.

I just did some work on a couple of lesbians house, didn't know they were lesbian until one of my workers clued me in and again, that is their problem. They weren't hot at all in fact, they wouldn't even make good looking guys. I dated a girl years ago and when her college friend came to the beach with us and back to the room they wanted to get it together with me and I refused. They were as hot as can be but, I think it is wrong and I know it is wrong.
    On the other hand, a sin is a sin. Was I so pure that I had no problem making it with my girlfriend ? No....I'm a sinner in my own life. I do believe some sins are worse than other and I try not to judge but gays........that's just messed up on all kind of levels.

Legend

User Info Menu

Marriage is the union of a man and a woman--not of a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, or two dogs, or a man and his dog, etc.. God defined marriage, and it's been recognized as such for thousands of years. Society might sanction same-sex unions, or some other alternative arrangement that people have--I'm not going to hate on them, or call for them to be discriminated against. In fact, society might even decide to give them the same legal rights and privileges as married couples have. Just don't call it marriage, because that isn't what it is. You might as well call me an NFL football player as call a same-sex union a marriage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, three pages of discussing if Willie's family has the right to get married or not. Willie seemed like a pretty good guy from the time he spent with the Steelers, so I'm all for letting him and his family get married. Man, you guys must really have hated Willie when he played for the Steelers not to want him to be allowed to marry, heck, maybe his kids will be better CBs than he is. Let Willie get married!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I find it funny that people would deny someone their happiness just because they don't like it. I wonder, if Jesus were to be asked this question what he would say. I seriously doubt that he would condemn them out of hand.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Wow, three pages of discussing if Willie's family has the right to get married or not. Willie seemed like a pretty good guy from the time he spent with the Steelers, so I'm all for letting him and his family get married. Man, you guys must really have hated Willie when he played for the Steelers not to want him to be allowed to marry, heck, maybe his kids will be better CBs than he is. Let Willie get married!

Pappy
    Perhaps he signed with the Cards because Arizona has a more relaxed policy with regard to this than Pennsylvania.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I find it funny that people would deny someone their happiness just because they don't like it. I wonder, if Jesus were to be asked this question what he would say. I seriously doubt that he would condemn them out of hand.
    Jesus actually did speak about marriage. He upheld it as it was originally created and defined by God--a one-flesh union of a man and a woman (see Matthew 19:3-9).

As far as condemning anyone, He said He didn't come into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved (John 3:17).
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 03-27-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Marriage is the union of a man and a woman--not of a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, or two dogs, or a man and his dog, etc.. God defined marriage, and it's been recognized as such for thousands of years. Society might sanction same-sex unions, or some other alternative arrangement that people have--I'm not going to hate on them, or call for them to be discriminated against. In fact, society might even decide to give them the same legal rights and privileges as married couples have. Just don't call it marriage, because that isn't what it is. You might as well call me an NFL football player as call a same-sex union a marriage.
    That sounds like a fine way to handle it.

Legend

User Info Menu

We are actually having the very same situation arising here in Australia- there is a big push to have gay marriages legalised (legalized for you Yanks), pushed predominantly by our "Green" party- essentially your hippie, love everybody, do-gooder party, that has aligned itself with our current government- the Labor Party. Because the balance of power in our Federal Government is on a knife edge (3 Independant MP's actually hold the power, unnofficially, as they had to also align with the Labor Party to give them the numbers) the Australian government is over the barrel on these sorts of topics. We currently have the rediculous situation of hearing our whiny, idiotic Prime Minister say that while she disagrees with gay marriage, her government will be attempting to make 'civil unions' legal. So, in reality, she's whoring out her beliefs in order to remain in power..

But I digress..

Whether you agree or disagree with gay marriage, my big issue is more simple- I don't want a group of overpaid 'Suits' to tell me if it's right or wrong. Not sure how you guys work, but over here if there is a particularly 'hot topic' our governments can call a referendum where we all vote yes or no in favour of whatever is proposed. Doesn't happen very often, but it's available. Gay marriage, being right or wrong, is a matter of 'belief'. Politicians cannot tell you what your beliefs are. I do, however, agree with 'majority rules'. I'd suggest a referendum on the topic is the best course of action- let the populace decide, not the stiffs that tend to wreck everything while in a position of power.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE