Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ron Paul Revolution DEFINED

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

D, that was funny stuff. too bad there wasn't bad lip reading going on when Obama signed the NDAA. That's the only excuse I can find for it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    D, that was funny stuff. too bad there wasn't bad lip reading going on when Obama signed the NDAA. That's the only excuse I can find for it.

Those guys, whoever made that video, have one for all the republican candidates including some of the earlier ones, and also one for Obama. They also have a handful of songs they have remade. It's some really funny stuff.

Ron Paul and Rick Santorum's are definitely the best though. They just have so many more facial expressions when they talk than the other folks, it lends perfectly to making videos like these.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe in Freedom of Speech, even if I don't like what you say

I believe in the right to own a weapon, any weapon, automatic, semi-automatic or a plastic cap gun

I believe that education should be entirely handled at the local level and that states and federal governments should just stay clear and watch the collective IQ of the nation soar

I believe that if you are convicted of murder, rape or any other heinous crime you should be given your due process, but it should be in the express lane and not drag on for 20 years

I believe that with today's technology (internet voting) that for the politicians to get a raise or for the politicians to raise taxes that 75% of the voting population should have to okay the pay raise or the tax increase.

I believe that if government wants to reduce my taxes that a simple majority vote in Congress, the Senate and Presidents signature is good enough

I believe that the US government should return to the original 5 cabinets, Defense, Navy, State, Treasury and Justice, everything else is superfluous and should be eliminated.

I believe politicians should be paid enough only to live as the average American and to limit their terms, so that, there are no life long politicians and that the government becomes a government "of the people and by the people" again

I believe the following things are privileges and not rights, getting medical care, having a job, feeding your family, owning a home and a whole host of things that many people believe everyone is entitled to, YOU ARE NOT, and as such, you need to go and obtain this items or services on your own and not expect the government to provide them. If you choose not to obtain them through your own hard work, then shame on you. If you attempt to obtain any of this things illegally then see point #2 and point #4.

I believe that in general this country was formed by Christians and as such we should be able to celebrate Christian holidays without catering to every religion from around the world. If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, then, by all means, go to work, or celebrate at your place of worship on Christmas, Easter and any other holiday related to Christianity , but leave the traditions from which this country was born alone.

I believe in pitcher's duels, football games that end 17-14, basketball games in which both teams score less than 90 points and hockey games that are dominated by the goalies

That's about it, I don't think my candidate exists, so I'll continue to vote for one party in the executive branch and the other party for the legislative branch, because, gridlock is the best that I can hope for, for me and my family. If nothing gets done, the government can't hurt me and I understand the rules as they are right now.

God Bless you all (even those that don't believe or care)

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 03-26-2012 at 02:46 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I believe in Freedom of Speech, even if I don't like what you say
    You and me both man. I hate this political correct crap that we are teaching.
    I believe in the right to own a weapon, any weapon, automatic, semi-automatic or a plastic cap gun
    I have some reservations about automatic weapons. I understand registering weapons. It's hard to keep people safe from stupid people.
    I believe that education should be entirely handled at the local level and that states and federal governments should just stay clear and watch the collective IQ of the nation soar
    I think what bothers me most about this is how we compare our kids to other kids around the world. Do you think that kids living in the middle of nowhere in China are being tested and evaluated like ALL of our kids are? What about those kids in China with special education situations? I guarantee that those kids aren't included in their results.. but ours are.
    I believe that if you are convicted of murder, rape or any other heinous crime you should be given your due process, but it should be in the express lane and not drag on for 20 years
    So how do you feel about the NDAA? This essentially allows for AMERICAN CITIZENS to be detained indefinitely without representation. Signed into law in January.
    I believe that with today's technology (internet voting) that for the politicians to get a raise or for the politicians to raise taxes that 75% of the voting population should have to okay the pay raise or the tax increase.
    I like Ron Pauls idea. In order to get people to have jobs here, do away with income taxes. The Federal Govenmiment doesn't have the right to take it anyway (not legally, it's not in the constitution i belive). I also like the idea of taxing items instead of people. If you want a lamborghini buy it, but you're gonna pay a higher tax rate for it than Joe average who can only afford a Dodge Neon
    I believe that if government wants to reduce my taxes that a simple majority vote in Congress, the Senate and Presidents signature is good enough
    See above. I think the Federal Government should have to amend the constitution when it wants to do anything. Make it LEGAL. The federal government FORCES the states to do things that aren't technically legal all the time.
    I believe that the US government should return to the original 5 cabinets, Defense, Navy, State, Treasury and Justice, everything else is superfluous and should be eliminated.
    You sound a lot like Ron Paul.
    I believe politicians should be paid enough only to live as the average American and to limit their terms, so that, there are no life long politicians and that the government becomes a government "of the people and by the people" again
    How about cutting their retirement? Serve 2 years and get paid the same for the rest of your lives? really? Their system should be the same as anyone elses.
    I believe the following things are privileges and not rights, getting medical care, having a job, feeding your family, owning a home and a whole host of things that many people believe everyone is entitled to, YOU ARE NOT, and as such, you need to go and obtain this items or services on your own and not expect the government to provide them. If you choose not to obtain them through your own hard work, then shame on you. If you attempt to obtain any of this things illegally then see point #2 and point #4.
    I agree whole heartedly. There are way too many entitlements from ppl who just WANT to be entitled not from people who have earned them.
    I believe that in general this country was formed by Christians and as such we should be able to celebrate Christian holidays without catering to every religion from around the world. If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, then, by all means, go to work, or celebrate at your place of worship on Christmas, Easter and any other holiday related to Christianity , but leave the traditions from which this country was born alone.
    This part I disagree with to a point. Our country was founded as a place to be free of religious persecution. We celebrate traditions that are both religious in nature and political in nature. I think if you choose to work for a company that does not celebrate Christmas, get a different job, or go to work. No one is forcing you to work there. Likewise, If you get a job that celebrates Christian holidays and you don't like it, get a different job, or deal with it. You knew what you were getting into when you accepted the job. We live in a country that celebrates our freedoms and our diversity. Know what you're getting into before you get into it. If you don't, too bad. deal with it.
    I believe in pitcher's duels, football games that end 17-14, basketball games in which both teams score less than 90 points and hockey games that are dominated by the goalies
    ahhhh so do i, but I'd love to see us blow a team out for a change, rather than to play down to their level.
    That's about it, I don't think my candidate exists, so I'll continue to vote for one party in the executive branch and the other party for the legislative branch, because, gridlock is the best that I can hope for, for me and my family. If nothing gets done, the government can't hurt me and I understand the rules as they are right now.

God Bless you all (even those that don't believe or care)

Pappy
    so, the new page doesn't allow you to just do only what i just did? weird.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy,
    Well put! I agree with most everything you said, except the part about government not being able to hurt you if one party has the White House and the other party controls Congress...you might want to do a Google search on the executive order the President signed the other day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bradshaw, which one? The NDAA is the one that scares me

Legend

User Info Menu

Bradshaw, which one? The NDAA is the one that scares me

[url]http://www.infowars.com/obama-executive-order-paves-the-way-for-nationalization-of-economy/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    [URL]http://www.infowars.com/obama-executive-order-paves-the-way-for-nationalization-of-economy/[/URL]
    That seems to be just an extension to the NDAA. There is way too much government in America.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD1G7f4bE0w&sns=fb[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Let me elaborate with an example:
    back when GWB was running against John Kerry, Kerry kept pumping the tv with an ad about how George Bush had the largest deficit in history, while Bill Clinton had a huge surplus. If you remember alot of us got a surplus check. So Kerry was essentailly saying that GWB went from zero to a couple trillion in debt within 4 years. Most people don't know the problem with the statement. 1st it was a budget surplus not a national debt surplus. all that means is that Clinton planned on spending X but spent a couple billion less than that. He still had a national debt. IN FACT Clinton, at the time he was impeached, had the highest national debt in history. All he did was NOT SPEND what he thought he was going to. simple right? the 2nd problem with that statement is that only 1 president has EVER operated without a national debt (John Q. Adams I believe) and only 1 president EVER has shrunk it since than (Teddy).
    So Americans are only a short step away from putting Brawndo on everything because it has electrolytes
    I'm not trying to pick a fight or be disrespectful; but I'd like to point something out here. I've commented before that I think there a problem in this country with people assuming that those who disagree with them are brainwashed or idiots or whatever. And this is a good example.

You're making some sort of point about how uneducated the general electorate is. But your underlying argument to support that point seemingly hinges on your own failure to understand the distinction between the debt and the deficit. They are not the same thing; and it sure seems like you are claiming they are.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]