View Poll Results: Is D.Johnson a Steeler in 2012 now that Arians is gone?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 52.63%
  • No

9 47.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is D.Johnson a Steeler in 2012 now that Arians is gone?

Pro Bowler

Is D.Johnson a Steeler in 2012 now that Arians is gone?

I say no

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Re: Is D.Johnson a Steeler in 2012 now that Arians is gone?

Yes.

Just to be disagreeable.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Yes.

Just to be disagreeable.

I'll say maybe, just to disagree with both of you...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Yes.

Just to be disagreeable.

I'll say maybe, just to disagree with both of you...

Not so much to do with Arians as it will be a need to get Saunders on the field more and that will be at the expense of DJ.

Here's the thing. Tell me what Johnson does well?... Does he pass block well up on the line of scrimmage? No... Does he pass block well in the backfield? Meh... Does he blow open holes in the run game? Meh... Does he run good routes? No... Does he catch the ball well? No... On all counts I think he's just okay. He doesn't do anything well. I don't think you keep a guy who doesn't do anything well. Either get a good fullback who can block. Or get a good TE who can run and catch. Don't keep a guy who is mediocre at both.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    Here's the thing. Tell me what Johnson does well?... Does he pass block well up on the line of scrimmage? No... Does he pass block well in the backfield? Meh... Does he blow open holes in the run game? Meh... Does he run good routes? No... Does he catch the ball well? No... On all counts I think he's just okay. He doesn't do anything well. I don't think you keep a guy who doesn't do anything well. Either get a good fullback who can block. Or get a good TE who can run and catch. Don't keep a guy who is mediocre at both.
    I suspect (hope?) that the Steelers will employ a true FB in 2012. Baltimore has utilized the position too well lately for us to ignore it any longer.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

I said yes. I think whomever comes in will employ a true fullback this season. We need to have a true blocking tightend on the roster. That is what DJ will be this year. WE cant fill all of our holes this year. DJ is servicable, and will be here.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler

I said all season that Johnson was the Tyrone Carter of the offense. A guy who has no business on the field.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Yes, DJ will be here.

If only because the Steelers will tender him at the lowest level and I don't think anyone will sign him away...well, possibly the Colts will...