Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LaCanfora says Tomlin gathering info on Haley

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: LaCanfora says Tomlin gathering info on Haley

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    If Tomlin is looking to interview Van Pelt for QB coach, doesn't that point to Fichtner?
    I would think so.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I'd like to see Van Pelt get the chance, he's young, he didn't have the greatest physical skills to play quarterback, but he appeared to have a good football IQ, the problem will be if he'd be able to get Ben to do anything that he wants done if Ben isn't on board with it.

Pappy
    Van Pelt is the first candidate mentioned that dosent make me gag. I actually think he could bring some fresh ideas to the table.

Haley on the other hand isnt going to work out. I have no doubt he is a good offensive mind. But he has been a troll everywhere he has been. I dont think you need someone with that kind of reputation around here.

Clyde Christensen is the guy that doesn't gag me.
    They aren't interviewing Christensen according to reports. It is Clements, Haley, or Fitchner. Which one do you like from those?

I'd prefer Clements nbut I don't think he leaves GB so that leaves Fitchner. I want no parts of Haley. IMO Haley and Ben is a trainwreck waiting to happen.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

They aren't interviewing Christensen according to reports. It is Clements, Haley, or Fitchner. Which one do you like from those?
    In order....Clements, Fitchner, Haley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    If Tomlin is looking to interview Van Pelt for QB coach, doesn't that point to Fichtner?
    I would think so.
    However is that good? Will anything change? Was it just Arians' playcalling or do we need schematic adjustments, e.g. Fullback

Hopefully they fix the OL so Fichtner or whoever it is has a chance to be successful.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said from the first day BA was out Haley was my first choice and that hasn't changed. Clements would be my #2, Fichtner would be #3, & Van Pelt last. Fichtner would be the easiest transition but I'm not so sure that is the highest priority since he hasn't been promoted yet.

In the professional ranks it is clear that the "buddy" relationship amongst players & coaches has lead to underachieving and I have seen a little of that lately. There are coaches and there are players...And players need to reminded of the order of things. There is nothing wrong with a good relationship...There just has to be a level of coach-player relationship. BB taking BA & Fichtner to the Probowl was a cushion. I don't like seeing that. Respect is one thing...Accountability still has to be maintained. BA had his chance to correct it and he didn't. Neither one would point the finger at each other but BB will take all the blame. That's enough of that $hit. I also get the feeling that was Rooney's thoughts since it seemed like Tomlin was comfortable with BA returning but word came down from the top. Nothing pi$$es me off more than hearing someone talk about direction over and over but no results come forth. I'm sure that exact thought has ran through Rooney's head alot lately.

The veteran presence is going to deminish quickly and the young talented egos need to be kept in check and maintain the professionalism expected of a Pittsburgh Steeler. Tomlin's supporting cast needs an injection. One thing that has remained a constant through the evolution of the game....Discipline. Just look at the run of playoff coaches as of late. Familiarity over a long period of time equals "soft". The Steelers are a little "soft" in the coaching ranks right now in my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I'd like to see them give Hue Jackson a shot at the job. I don't think his offense would be that much different than BA's but he doesn't have a problem running the ball --- with a FB!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I'd like to see Van Pelt get the chance, he's young, he didn't have the greatest physical skills to play quarterback, but he appeared to have a good football IQ, the problem will be if he'd be able to get Ben to do anything that he wants done if Ben isn't on board with it.

Pappy
    Van Pelt is the first candidate mentioned that dosent make me gag. I actually think he could bring some fresh ideas to the table.

Haley on the other hand isnt going to work out. I have no doubt he is a good offensive mind. But he has been a troll everywhere he has been. I dont think you need someone with that kind of reputation around here.

Clyde Christensen is the guy that doesn't gag me.

I'd prefer Clements nbut I don't think he leaves GB so that leaves Fitchner. I want no parts of Haley. IMO Haley and Ben is a trainwreck waiting to happen.
    Ben has already "wrecked" the train a few times in the offseason. And the team keeps throwing him back on for another ride. Having said that, why not give Haley a chance?

Legend

User Info Menu

1. Tom Clements as O.C., Randy Fichtner as QB coach.

2. Randy Fichtner as O.C., Alex Van Pelt as QB coach.

3. Hue Jackson as O.C., Randy Fichtner as QB coach.

4. Todd Haley as O.C., Randy Fichtner as QB coach.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm very happy that Tomlin is being very thorough about this and just didn't promote Fitchner. He still may be the best person for the job but this role is very critical to just promote from within. Interesting off season so far.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...