Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LaCanfora says Tomlin gathering info on Haley

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: LaCanfora says Tomlin gathering info on Haley

I can't see how Fitchner would improve Ben's tweaking.... I think we need a new set of eyes on Ben.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    If Tomlin is looking to interview Van Pelt for QB coach, doesn't that point to Fichtner?
    I would think so.
    However is that good? Will anything change? Was it just Arians' playcalling or do we need schematic adjustments, e.g. Fullback

Hopefully they fix the OL so Fichtner or whoever it is has a chance to be successful.
    I think that if Fichtner comes in, he will have a talk with Rooney and Tomlin, and will make schematic changes accordingly. I suspect that part of the reason that BA got canned is that Rooney told him what he wanted, but Arians didn't really think he needed to make those kinds of changes. Hopefully, Fichtner would be better than Arians at making in-game adjustments to his playcalling.

Whether it's Fichtner, Clements or Haley, I'm optimistic about offensive improvement.

And you're right, the OL is in desperate need of upgrade at a position or two.

Backup

User Info Menu

Funny how everyone wanted BA gone and now that we are left without an OC we are left scratching our heads at who is better????

Sometimes you should be careful for what you wish for! Clearly the millions of steeler fans who hated BA could clearly do better! Maybe we should just hire a fan to run this offense! LOL

What makes matters worse is the fact that OFFENSIVE POWERHOUSE INDY wanted him! That is a clear slap in the face of all those fans who wanted him gone! Surely the COLTS dont need an OC! Surely even if they get LUCK they wouldnt want a guy as horrible as BA to teach him an offense. Why in the world would a Colts team want our horrible OC? Crazy!!!!

Surely Tomlin and Ben must be nuts in the head for wanting him to stay! LOL

Now who is left to get? Guys who are unproven and Haley! WOW......yeah i feel much better for next year!!! We have young explosive WR's who now have to learn a new system!!! Ben will have to learn a new system as well!!! Who is our RB going to be? How much of this will cause frustration on a franchise QB? Is he going to be willing to adjust? Will it take more than 1 season?

Well i sure hope the fans who wanted him gone have submitted their applications!

I for one wished he would have stayed! This offense for how HORRIBLE it was all year long..LOL....wasnt to blame!!! Redman played lights out in the playoff game, Brown steppred up and BA or whoever had the balls to sit down WARD. We used sets to help our OL block! We used bubble screens, we threw the ball deep, we destroyed the Patriots with passing the ROCK to miller like 10 consecutive times. LOL.............we also heard time and time again how GREAT the steelers were on their opening drives of each game where who called those plays again????

Sure sign Haley! Yeah!! Sign whoever! it doesnt matter! If you lost the boss you liked at work and had to answer to a new guy how would your performance be??? It's gonna take awhile to win over these guys and to have them buy what you are selling. In a short 16 game season its hard to do no matter who it might be.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie36
    Funny how everyone wanted BA gone and now that we are left without an OC we are left scratching our heads at who is better????

Sometimes you should be careful for what you wish for! Clearly the millions of steeler fans who hated BA could clearly do better! Maybe we should just hire a fan to run this offense! LOL

What makes matters worse is the fact that OFFENSIVE POWERHOUSE INDY wanted him! That is a clear slap in the face of all those fans who wanted him gone! Surely the COLTS dont need an OC! Surely even if they get LUCK they wouldnt want a guy as horrible as BA to teach him an offense. Why in the world would a Colts team want our horrible OC? Crazy!!!!

Surely Tomlin and Ben must be nuts in the head for wanting him to stay! LOL

Now who is left to get? Guys who are unproven and Haley! WOW......yeah i feel much better for next year!!! We have young explosive WR's who now have to learn a new system!!! Ben will have to learn a new system as well!!! Who is our RB going to be? How much of this will cause frustration on a franchise QB? Is he going to be willing to adjust? Will it take more than 1 season?

Well i sure hope the fans who wanted him gone have submitted their applications!

I for one wished he would have stayed! This offense for how HORRIBLE it was all year long..LOL....wasnt to blame!!! Redman played lights out in the playoff game, Brown steppred up and BA or whoever had the balls to sit down WARD. We used sets to help our OL block! We used bubble screens, we threw the ball deep, we destroyed the Patriots with passing the ROCK to miller like 10 consecutive times. LOL.............we also heard time and time again how GREAT the steelers were on their opening drives of each game where who called those plays again????

Sure sign Haley! Yeah!! Sign whoever! it doesnt matter! If you lost the boss you liked at work and had to answer to a new guy how would your performance be??? It's gonna take awhile to win over these guys and to have them buy what you are selling. In a short 16 game season its hard to do no matter who it might be.
    If a new boss came in I'd be busting my rear to be noticed as a hard worker -- not slacking off

The simple truth of the matter is that, no matter how explosive our WRs are, no matter how great our QB is, we've been a middle of the pack offensive team. We need some fresh eyes to try something new. I'm not cool with complacency.

Backup

User Info Menu

I agree but you just described our Defense, not our offense.

Backup

User Info Menu

oh and you are suck up! LOL

if you had 10 years with a company and had 1 boss, there is no way you would just take orders from a new guy and say YES SIR i'd be glad to do it a different way SIR.

LOL Nice try though.

Backup

User Info Menu

I agree but you just described our Defense, not our offense.
    I've got my complaints about our D -- hell, name a Steeler fan that doesn't.

But for the past 5 years, we've been one of the top 5 teams in DYPG. 3 of those years we've been #1. We are consistently one of the best defenses in the NFL, year in and year out.

My complaints with our D are situational. My complaints with our O are structural.

Backup

User Info Menu

oh and you are suck up! LOL
    Maybe

if you had 10 years with a company and had 1 boss, there is no way you would just take orders from a new guy and say YES SIR i'd be glad to do it a different way SIR.

LOL Nice try though.
    If my boss signed me to a 100 million dollar contract I'd know he expects me to act like a professional, not like a whining toddler who misses mommy. I know I'd expect that of any of my employees. Hell, I'd expect that of any MAN, no matter the situation.

If Ben can't live without his bestest of friends at OC, maybe we can live without Ben.

But I haven't heard any indication that Ben has been anything but a professional in the wake of BA's firing -- apart from internet rumors from noted rumor-monger Florio. So I'm thinking the only people advancing this particular theory are internet posters.

Backup

User Info Menu

we have 9 studs on defense!!!

They got killed in baltimore twice, got embarrassed in Houston, almost embarrassed in Indy! And Teebow sit franchise records against this D.

Our offense has a bad LINE. We all know that! we cant pay all 22 guys!! Defense is PAID!!! Our offense is paid other than our LINE! Ba used those bunch sets to help with blocking! An average fan can see that!!! He also used 4 wide as well! The complexity of this offense goes unnoticed! Where was that on the defensive side of the ball? I saw 0 pass rush way too many times this year! Best pass rushing game was vs NE.

on a bad leg Ben and team made the plays offensively to beat the Broncos. Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Cotchery, and Redman. Did we have all those guys in week 1 when we started the season? complacency??? a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of some potential danger, defect, or the like

Our offense who was down that entire game wasnt complacent and in fact they fought their butts off to get back in the game. They sensed the danger and did what they had to do!!! Our complacent D was the fault in Denver and against the Ravens the 2nd game. Our offense did enough to go ahead in that game tooo!!!!

Lets sign a NEW OC!! Surely that will light a fire under the guys butts who have to learn new routes, new assignments, new timing, and new formations. Sounds like just what our team needs. LOL

Yes Sir i'll be glad to learn those new plays!!! I will show you how willing i am to work for you Sir! LOL

Backup

User Info Menu

There will be mini camps this year so that will help! without question!

But i'd much rather have a complacency on offense than on defense! Rather know I can feel secure and safe knowing where my guys are going to be on any given play! Especially while under a heavy pass rush! Call me crazy!!!!

The only thing I hated on offense was Ben waiting till 1 second left on a clock for the silent count leg lift! Surely that was BA's fault. LOL

100 million dollars and can't left his leg with 2 seconds on the clock once in awhile? Maybe the new OC will teach him that trick. GOD I HOPE SO!!!