Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LaCanfora says Tomlin gathering info on Haley

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: LaCanfora says Tomlin gathering info on Haley

The thing that has always bothered me about Todd Haley is he has never played football of any type, Not Pop-Warner, not high school, not college, not pro. And to me should be kind of important.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd like to see Van Pelt get the chance, he's young, he didn't have the greatest physical skills to play quarterback, but he appeared to have a good football IQ, the problem will be if he'd be able to get Ben to do anything that he wants done if Ben isn't on board with it.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm not sure I would proclaim that Haley resurrected Warners carreer as Whiz was actually calling the offensive plays.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I'd like to see Van Pelt get the chance, he's young, he didn't have the greatest physical skills to play quarterback, but he appeared to have a good football IQ, the problem will be if he'd be able to get Ben to do anything that he wants done if Ben isn't on board with it.

Pappy
    Van Pelt is the first candidate mentioned that dosent make me gag. I actually think he could bring some fresh ideas to the table.

Haley on the other hand isnt going to work out. I have no doubt he is a good offensive mind. But he has been a troll everywhere he has been. I dont think you need someone with that kind of reputation around here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP

Pappy
    Van Pelt is the first candidate mentioned that dosent make me gag. I actually think he could bring some fresh ideas to the table.

Haley on the other hand isnt going to work out. I have no doubt he is a good offensive mind. But he has been a troll everywhere he has been. I dont think you need someone with that kind of reputation around here.

Clyde Christensen is the guy that doesn't gag me.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Pappy

They aren't interviewing Christensen according to reports. It is Clements, Haley, or Fitchner. Which one do you like from those?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Pappy

where is queerbait?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Tomlin is looking to interview Van Pelt for QB coach, doesn't that point to Fichtner?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I need to learn more about these guys. One thing Haley did well in Kansas City was run the football though......
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Starter

User Info Menu

Lets remember one thing about Haley. During his one successful season in KC he did not call the plays. Charlie Weis did.