Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LaCanfora says Tomlin gathering info on Haley

Re: LaCanfora says Tomlin gathering info on Haley

Haley seems like a double edged sword. On one hand he has a dominating personality that I think Ben needs. On the other hand, will it be too over the top that Ben will reject Haley.

Also, Haleys personality might be too much for Tomlin and his calm demeanor.

Someone said. be careful what we wish for about Arians. Just because Haley is a loose canon and that we haven't picked an OC yet, doesn't mean Arians is now all of a sudden the golden boy. The guy stunk up the place, grandmothers could figure out his offensive schemes and Ben ran Arians.

Randy is no upside to Arians, we will just get more of the same. Clements, I know little of so I can't really give an opinion but, this team needs to hire outside the box so that Ben, can't pressure or assume current/old friendships equals, getting his way.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Clements, I know little of so I can't really give an opinion but, this team needs to hire outside the box so that Ben, can't pressure or assume current/old friendships equals, getting his way.
    Just know that, under his tutelage, Elvis Grbac made the Pro Bowl in 2000, Kordell Stewart made the Pro Bowl in 2001, and Tommy Maddox made the Pro Bowl in 2002.

I remember him now......man, am I getting old.

Haley interviews, unlikely to get Arians' job

Wednesday, February 01, 2012
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Former Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley, an Upper St. Clair native, is the latest candidate to interview for the Steelers' vacant offensive coordinator position. But the possibility of him being hired to replace Bruce Arians seems remote.

Haley, the son of former Steelers personnel director Dick Haley, was at the South Side facility Tuesday to meet with coach Mike Tomlin -- an interview uncharacteristically announced on the team's website.

Haley is the second former head coach to interview for the position. Former Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Caldwell was at the Steelers facility Saturday. Caldwell never was offered the position and agreed Monday to become the Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach.

Haley's interview was something of a surprise because he has a reputation for not getting along with players and coaches. He was the offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals when they lost against the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.

Meantime, Arians was announced Tuesday as the new offensive coordinator in Indianapolis, a move that came 10 days after the Steelers announced he had decided to retire. But Arians, 59, was not offered a contract to return in 2012 and never intended to retire. He considered several jobs, including quarterbacks coach in Arizona, before joining the Colts.

The Colts also announced they have signed former Steelers assistant offensive line coach Harold Goodwin as their offensive line coach.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12032/12 ... z1l6Xpef00

Didn't Haley fire Chan Gailey right before the season started when he took over as Head Coach of the Chiefs? I seem to recall that there is always drama surrounding Haley. Something the Steeler organization tends to frown upon. I don't think he has a shot at getting the job.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

When Mike Mularkey was promoted from within, the Steelers hired Tom Clements as QB coach...as has been pointed out, the Steelers sent Kordell Stewart to the Pro Bowl in 2001 and Tommy Maddox in 2002...

I think the Steelers would do just as well to promote Fichtner from within and hire a good QB coach to work with Roethlisberger...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Didn't Haley fire Chan Gailey right before the season started when he took over as Head Coach of the Chiefs? I seem to recall that there is always drama surrounding Haley. Something the Steeler organization tends to frown upon. I don't think he has a shot at getting the job.
    Yup...less than two weeks before the season opener, and the head coach decides to take over O.C. and QB duties as well.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Yup...less than two weeks before the season opener, and the head coach decides to take over O.C. and QB duties as well.
    some guys aren't HC material....

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Two Roosters in the hen house and one had to go. Gailey wasn't happy he didn't get his shot and was very reluctant to take on any of Haley's ideas or beliefs. If I remember correctly, that was he first time LJ said something stupid and the fuse was lit.