Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Butler staying

Re: Butler staying

The Rooneys are out of control too much control of the team. Tomlin can't do anything right fire that guy! :sarcasm:
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Wait a minute...you hired who as your new offensive coordinator? Okay...umm...let me get back to you Chuck.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Butler knows that he has it good here...

He has a good relationship with his head coach, great ownership and is working with one of the great defensive coordinators in the history of the NFL...

And most likely, as was pointed out, he was probably given significant financial incentive to stay...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Wow. Didn't expect him to stay!

I'll bet Tomlin and Art reassured Butler that this was going to be LeBeau's last season as DC.

Exactly what I was thinking. Or maybe this year yet... Never know.

I thought the old DC was costing this team coaching talent by refusing to retire. Instead, it looks like he is part of a group that somebody like Butler enjoys working with so much that he decided to forego a potentially greater opportunity elsewhere.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I thought the old DC was costing this team coaching talent by refusing to retire. Instead, it looks like he is part of a group that somebody like Butler enjoys working with so much that he decided to forego a potentially greater opportunity elsewhere.
    Key phrase in the article is "not to mention a hefty new contract "

I'm sure that had much more to do with his staying than "man love"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

That is speculation, as suggested by the term "likely." Regardless of what he is making, I'd suspect that he would make more as a DC.

Nevertheless, it appears that your irrational Lebeau hatred was misguided in this situation.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

...Again.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

That is speculation, as suggested by the term "likely." Regardless of what he is making, I'd suspect that he would make more as a DC.

Nevertheless, it appears that your irrational Lebeau hatred was misguided in this situation.
    Really??? "Irrational hatred" because someone has different opinions than you do. You are much better than resorting to that. We do this to agree and to disagree.

Why would I hate a 74 year old man who I have never met and likely never will? Just because I think he is not doing what should be done with the inbalance in resources he has been given is far from "hatred." Others resort to that kind of name calling as routine but you have always been above that.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Boom!

ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...