Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Sumo Wrestlers Out There?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Any Sumo Wrestlers Out There?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    I say we just flip Kemo to the defensive side of the ball at NT. He has a mean streak already and can hold all he wants.
    Yes, this.

Or make him an H-back/fullback, so he could run straight to the hole and blast anything in his way. Plus it would be funny as he!! to see him try to catch a check-down from Ben and then go all ballistic when it bounces off his meathooks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Wonder if we'd consider bringing in a Sumo wrestler to replace Hampton?

Could a 350-400lb Sumo fighter take on 2-3 blockers at the point of attack and clog the middle of the field?

here's our NT...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

Could a 350-400lb Sumo fighter take on 2-3 blockers at the point of attack and clog the middle of the field?

here's our NT...

That pic ... Is that Mt Cody?
    or Mt Fuji?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am a fan of sumo, and I doubt that any of them would have success in the NFL. First of all, TBH, the quality of the athlete in pro sumo is probably leagues below NFL level. In other words, in terms of athletic ability, I think every team has at least one (and most likely multiple guys) who could go in and be a champion there.

Of course, the rub is the level of dedication (menial) tasks would weed out all but the most mentally strong. It's a tremendously selfless culture, one that Americans have very little clue about.

BUt I do always wonder why certain things aren't incorporated into football. For example, all sumos can do the splits, even that fat guy in the pic above. It's believed that it helps in terms of avoiding injury, gaining leverage. I wonder why that's not the case for a position like Nose Tackle.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

here's our NT...

That pic ... Is that Mt Cody?
    or Mt Fuji?
    The other guy is Sean Mahan.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sean Mahan was way to small to be an Olineman. I remember see him standing next to Matt Starks (who is really huge I'll grant) and he looked like a big tight end. I think I remember him being listed at 300 but there was no way....
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Interestingly, Mahan has some wrestling experience in his background (although not of the sumo variety).

[url="http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mahan_sean00.html"]http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ ... ean00.html[/url]