Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

Legend

User Info Menu

Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

I have been strongly for a guard in the 1st but I have to say Ta'amu is really impressing me in the senior bowl.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

would he be there in the 2nd?

the projections seem to be all over the place with this guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    would he be there in the 2nd?

the projections seem to be all over the place .
    most are before the combine

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Must get stronger in the trenches on both sides of the ball. A little bigger need on offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who has he been lining up against?

Any of the inside OL who we have been discussing?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The only way I'd really want to consider him at this point, is if he was a real difference-maker. We've spent two firsts on DL in the past few years, and TBH--neither appears to be a difference-maker. At best, both can be solid role-players. Now... the reason these two (Heyward & Hood) were drafted is partly because they also (with that "low ceiling") had a relatively low bust potential, but still... we need real impact players on our D. The fact that we had so few takeaways (despite having the "#1 defense") tells you all you need to know about our defensive needs.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    The only way I'd really want to consider him at this point, is if he was a real difference-maker. We've spent two firsts on DL in the past few years, and TBH--neither appears to be a difference-maker. At best, both can be solid role-players. Now... the reason these two (Heyward & Hood) were drafted is partly because they also (with that "low ceiling") had a relatively low bust potential, but still... we need real impact players on our D. The fact that we had so few takeaways (despite having the "#1 defense") tells you all you need to know about our defensive needs.

I don't agree with you on Heyward shoe. I think Heyward has a very high ceiling. Lets see what Heyward does with more playing time.

I agree with you on Ta'amu. To be fair though, I hated when we took Gilbert in the 2nd last year. It sounded like a reach at the time, and now seems like a real solid pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe

I don't agree with you on Heyward shoe. I think Heyward has a very high ceiling. Lets see what Heyward does with more playing time.

I agree with you on Ta'amu. To be fair though, I hated when we took Gilbert in the 2nd last year. It sounded like a reach at the time, and now seems like a real solid pick.
    I agree. Remember, he had no TC or PS due to the lockout and not a lot of practice time with the starters as the one he backs up (Keisel) was mostly healthy.

I like the glimpses of what we saw from Heyward and think that he will take a nice step forward in '12.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ta'amu would be a perfect fit for a 3-4 NT. However I like him better as an early to mid second round pick. He wont be there at pick #56 so we would have to move up. I would much rather use pick #24 on a higher rated player. Another perfect fit to me is NT Brandon Thompson of Clemson. He to is an early second to mid second pick.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ta'amu can't keep our $107M or whatever franchise QB from getting battered onto the IR. That's the problem.

Time to build an OL for the ages so Ben can play more than a few years more, AND so we improve the run game.