Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Why was Ta'Amu a non-factor in the Stanford game?

Ruthless, I am glad you included a teammate in that picture of DeCastro. No way was he able to neutralize Ta'amu without one.

And to be fair Stanford ran a lot of two and three TE sets this year. With their O-line and three TE's it isnt a surprise that they were able to control Washington's defensive front.
    I wonder if this had anything to do with Luck's low sack numbers?
    Maybe a little but he did throw the ball 404 times and there is no question that he has a very quick release and is very good a his progressions. He gets some of that credit as well.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

I'm probably in the minority, but I think that Ziggy might be better playing over the center as opposed to the 5 Tech DE...

I can see Ziggy as a stronger, more athletic Chris Hoke or Jason Ferguson...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I'm probably in the minority, but I think that Ziggy might be better playing over the center as opposed to the 5 Tech DE...

For Chadman- THIS is the big variable. If the Steelers view Hood as the future NT, draft boards will change for everyone. Would another 3-4 DE then be required? Probably- but doubtful it would be a 1st round type need.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Nothing personal dude,..but i honestly do not comprehend this line of thinking.

If Hood already has questionable lower body strength for his size, problems with leverage and pad level, AND is 6 ft 3 and often struggles with single blockers as a 3-4 End,......how does that make him qualified in any way to play at the 'spearhead' position of NT ?
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

Benchwarmer

Ta'amu sucks period. A NT who gives up 69 points and 482 yards rushing in a bowl game is a guy who should be avoided at all costs. I am not impressed by a guy who was consistently pushed backwards in the biggest game of the year against Baylor. To me the guy looked like a wounded out of shape dime a dozen backup NT and nothing more.

he gave up 69 points by himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    he gave up 69 points by himself?

Not to attempt to make an azz out of anyone else or umption. But there may be a bit of sarcasm in that post ? Perhaps in an attempt to "spoof" my particular brand of disdain for some Tomlin Regime personnel decisions and or it's players ?
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Nothing personal dude,..but i honestly do not comprehend this line of thinking.

If Hood already has questionable lower body strength for his size, problems with leverage and pad level, AND is 6 ft 3 and often struggles with single blockers as a 3-4 End,......how does that make him qualified in any way to play at the 'spearhead' position of NT ?
    But, Hood doesn't have questionable lower body strength...the only time I ever read that was in this post...

Now, pad level was a problem coming out of college, but that is something that coaching should solve...

During his successful college career at Mizzou, he played inside at DT...he was good there and I have seen no reason to believe that he has somehow been a failure at 5 Tech nor that he could not be a successful NT in the same mold as a Chris Hoke or a Jason Ferguson...

In fact, I think he would be better if he were closer to the QB...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

But, Hood doesn't have questionable lower body strength...the only time I ever read that was in this post...
    Yup...found this quote from the Big Snack:

Ziggys a big, strong guy. Hes a different type animal, Hampton said. He might be the strongest player on the team. Ziggy can pretty much play on the line where he wants to. Ive got that old-man strength. Hes got that still-in-the-weight room strength.