Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    dub-
    if we walk away with hightower and ta'amu, I will do backflips.
    That would be a great haul for the all ready star laden defense, but I would immediately begin to fear for Rothlisberger's life and therefore our ability to make the play offs.

This team to to serious fix the OL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If they were somehow able to sign a quality starting tackle (Grubbs) in FA (as was mentioned in another post), they would really open up possibilities in the draft. A pipe dream, but still.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    dub-
    That would be a great haul for the all ready star laden defense, but I would immediately begin to fear for Rothlisberger's life and therefore our ability to make the play offs.

Ovi if there isnt a viable, worthy O-lineman there at 24 what do yo suggest? Trade up? No. This team needs all of it's draft picks. They rely heavily on them.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman prefer Poe in the 1st to Ta'amu in the 2nd. Poe is incredibly strong & has those big long arms to keep OL blockers off him.

Plus- he's a junior, which seems to sit well with the Steelers FO.

Chadman sees Ovi playing the Chicken Little role about the OL- fact is, it's unlikely a rookie will step in & start anyway- not sure a high draft pick is a solution to the OL worries for next season. Besides, Legs & Foster are young players. Adding yet another young player to the mix is probably a good idea, but for an immediate upgrade- it's going to have to be FA.

Once the dust settles on the possible roster cut/slaughter of 2012, the Steelers will have some room under the cap to sign a FA or 2. They always do.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    dub-

Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Chadman prefer Poe in the 1st to Ta'amu in the 2nd. Poe is incredibly strong & has those big long arms to keep OL blockers off him.

Chadman sees Ovi playing the Chicken Little role about the OL- fact is, it's unlikely a rookie will step in & start anyway- not sure a high draft pick is a solution to the OL worries for next season. Besides, Legs & Foster are young players. Adding yet another young player to the mix is probably a good idea, but for an immediate upgrade- it's going to have to be FA.

Once the dust settles on the possible roster cut/slaughter of 2012, the Steelers will have some room under the cap to sign a FA or 2. They always do.
    Chad if you want my opinion I dont think Poe is a best fit for a 3-4 NT. I think he is too big and those long arms you talk about can actually be a problem for a position that needs to get leverage. I have watched him a few times and he tends to get a little too upright.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    UW had one of the worst defenses in the country this past year, and were HORRIBLE against the run. Not that it all falls on Ta'amu, but he was a "cog" in their d-line that got shredded every week. I did not watch him play much this year, so I dont have an opinion on him. I was just pointing out how bad the Huskies D was. Of course, I hate the Huskies, so I might be a tad jaded. If he is indeed a talent at NT and teh Steelers draft him, I will quickly forget that he wore the purple and gold. Until the first time he f's up. Mark Bruner was a Husky too, and he was a great Steeler.
    I have not seen Ta' amu play much but the only game i saw him play was against Stanford and he looked very ordinary. Now Stanford has a very good O-line but from what i saw of him he was getting handled by a single blocker.
    Steelers Draft 2015

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Chad if you want my opinion I dont think Poe is a best fit for a 3-4 NT. I think he is too big and those long arms you talk about can actually be a problem for a position that needs to get leverage. I have watched him a few times and he tends to get a little too upright.

+1

I think Poe is too tall to play NT in Steelers 3-4.

I think Poe is more suited to play 4-3 DT. Team like Vikings could be a good fit.
    Steelers Draft 2015

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Of course Chadman wants your opinion!

Chadman kinda disagrees with you about the arm length- Ted Washington made a good long career out of being a NT with big long arms that he used very effectively. In fact, Chadman compares Poe to Washington the most. Chadman WILL agree about getting too upright, but that is coachable. A year or 2 behind Hampton could fix that.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

That said- Poe doesn't really fit the Steelers draft criteria- Memphis is not exactly the 'big program' that Colbert & Tomlin seem to like their 1st round picks to come from.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE