Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

  1. #11

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Ta'amu would be a perfect fit for a 3-4 NT. However I like him better as an early to mid second round pick. He wont be there at pick #56 so we would have to move up. I would much rather use pick #24 on a higher rated player. Another perfect fit to me is NT Brandon Thompson of Clemson. He to is an early second to mid second pick.
    So with that said,.. where else would you go with the 24th pick Dub ? It's (said pick) pretty much the very best of the second rnd grade type kids. How do you pass on Ta' amu there if in all reality he actually grades out as a solid top 15-20 selection and was actually still on the board at 24 ?

    IMO there is almost no way he would still be on the board when our second rnd pick comes up even at worst case scenario if this was/is the case ?

    Don't get me wrong i feel where your coming from,....but you know how it is,...there is no such thing as best kept secrets,....some team will pull the trigger on this kid before our second round selection.
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

    2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

    3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

    4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

    5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

    6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

    7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

  2. #12
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,133

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    How do you pass on Ta' amu there if in all reality he actually grades out as a solid top 15-20 selection and was actually still on the board at 24 ?

    IMO there is almost no way he would still be on the board when our second rnd pick comes up even at worst case scenario if this was/is the case ?

    some team will pull the trigger on this kid before our second round selection.

    hey, nobody ever realistically thought Limas Sweed would ever still be on the board when the Steelers selected him in the second round in the 2008 NFL Draft and look how that turned out.

    oh wait...

  3. #13

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    How do you pass on Ta' amu there if in all reality he actually grades out as a solid top 15-20 selection and was actually still on the board at 24 ?

    IMO there is almost no way he would still be on the board when our second rnd pick comes up even at worst case scenario if this was/is the case ?

    some team will pull the trigger on this kid before our second round selection.

    hey, nobody ever realistically thought Limas Sweed would ever still be on the board when the Steelers selected him in the second round in the 2008 NFL Draft and look how that turned out.

    oh wait...
    Uh, correction sir,...even though Sweed had the physical measurables in terms of height and weight coming out,...it was also well to known to most scouts that he was lacking in terms of heart, focus, ball skills, awareness and hand eye coordination.

    Henceforth him being there in the second was no surprise.

    Ta'amu is a NT with a good motor for his position,..which means just because he does not play with a WR or Db's metabolism it does not mean that he will drop to the bottom of the 2nd round.

    Mark my words if we do not select him in the first,...some organization will long before our next pick rolls around. (Perhaps even before we select at 24 overall.)
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

    2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

    3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

    4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

    5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

    6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

    7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

  4. #14
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,133

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Ta'amu is a NT with a good motor for his position,..which means just because he does not play with a WR or Db's metabolism it does not mean that he will drop to the bottom of the 2nd round.

    Mark my words if we do not select him in the first,...some organization will long before our next pick rolls around. (Perhaps even before we select at 24 overall.)


    WalterFootball's current 4-round mock draft has the Steelers selecting him in the 2nd round at #56:

    56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

    Alameda Ta'amu is a hell of a bargain toward the end of Round 2. He can take over for Casey Hampton when his time is up - which might be sooner rather than later because of Hampton's torn ACL.

    http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012_2.php

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,837

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Ta'amu is a NT with a good motor for his position,..which means just because he does not play with a WR or Db's metabolism it does not mean that he will drop to the bottom of the 2nd round.

    Mark my words if we do not select him in the first,...some organization will long before our next pick rolls around. (Perhaps even before we select at 24 overall.)


    WalterFootball's current 4-round mock draft has the Steelers selecting him in the 2nd round at #56:

    56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

    Alameda Ta'amu is a hell of a bargain toward the end of Round 2. He can take over for Casey Hampton when his time is up - which might be sooner rather than later because of Hampton's torn ACL.

    http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012_2.php

    I really hope they are wrong because they don't have us taking OL under Round 4. If we don't fix the OL in this draft we are going to be third in the AFC North for several years.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,939

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Ta'amu is a NT with a good motor for his position,..which means just because he does not play with a WR or Db's metabolism it does not mean that he will drop to the bottom of the 2nd round.

    Mark my words if we do not select him in the first,...some organization will long before our next pick rolls around. (Perhaps even before we select at 24 overall.)


    WalterFootball's current 4-round mock draft has the Steelers selecting him in the 2nd round at #56:

    56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

    Alameda Ta'amu is a hell of a bargain toward the end of Round 2. He can take over for Casey Hampton when his time is up - which might be sooner rather than later because of Hampton's torn ACL.

    http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012_2.php
    If the draft falls that way and the Steelers don't take Glenn, I'll probably end up needing to buy a new tv.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,535

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Ta'amu would be a perfect fit for a 3-4 NT. However I like him better as an early to mid second round pick. He wont be there at pick #56 so we would have to move up. I would much rather use pick #24 on a higher rated player. Another perfect fit to me is NT Brandon Thompson of Clemson. He to is an early second to mid second pick.
    So with that said,.. where else would you go with the 24th pick Dub ? It's (said pick) pretty much the very best of the second rnd grade type kids. How do you pass on Ta' amu there if in all reality he actually grades out as a solid top 15-20 selection and was actually still on the board at 24 ?

    IMO there is almost no way he would still be on the board when our second rnd pick comes up even at worst case scenario if this was/is the case ?

    Don't get me wrong i feel where your coming from,....but you know how it is,...there is no such thing as best kept secrets,....some team will pull the trigger on this kid before our second round selection.
    This is a tough one for me. So far those who project around 24 haven't really separated themselves as clear cut....that's the one. Maybe the combine plays a part in that? I am right now thinking a trade back maybe better for the Steelers. Possibly walking away with both Hightower and Ta'amu?

    As far as Ta'amu, early in the college season I was all over him. I even had a threaded asking is this the next Steeler NT/replacing Hampton? SKL has battled me on him all year. He thinks he is a still and would touch him till round 5. I dont agree. However I will admit Ta'amu didnt have the dominating year I expected. And as a result I see him now as better value in the early to mid second round. One thing about him is even when he doenst make plays he still almost always requires the double team.


    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State









  8. #18

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    dub-
    if we walk away with hightower and ta'amu, I will do backflips.

  9. #19

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    It really means nothing to me that Taamu looked good in the game. He is going up against guys that have never played together as an OL. They are just worried about getting the snap count right. Those games always favor the DL. Taamu is too easily taken out of gameplans in REAL action. Let him be someone elses disappointment.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/29 & 2/56

    1) Kyle Fuller-CB-Va Tech
    2) Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    2) Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    3c) Kelsey Quarles-DE-South Carolina
    4) Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5))Prince Shembo-OLB-Notre Dame
    5c) Khyri Thornton-DT-Southern Miss
    6) Aron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    6c)Max BulloughILB-Mich St
    7) Henry Josey-RB-Missouri













  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,382

    Re: Ta'amu is really looking like a BEAST

    UW had one of the worst defenses in the country this past year, and were HORRIBLE against the run. Not that it all falls on Ta'amu, but he was a "cog" in their d-line that got shredded every week. I did not watch him play much this year, so I dont have an opinion on him. I was just pointing out how bad the Huskies D was. Of course, I hate the Huskies, so I might be a tad jaded. If he is indeed a talent at NT and teh Steelers draft him, I will quickly forget that he wore the purple and gold. Until the first time he f's up. Mark Bruner was a Husky too, and he was a great Steeler.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •