Thread: Wexell saying its not Clements

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Wexell saying its not Clements

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Does 'through no fault of the steelers' indicate we pursued him or just that he is out due to other circumstances?
    It means that Aaron Rodgers wants Clements as his OC since he was his QB coach for 6 years, odds are very good that it will happen

What are you talking about?? How dare Rodgers have an opinion about who he wants to have as an OC. That is just overboard. I'm sure the Green Bay fans are ripping this prima dona, drama queen for daring to have an opinion of his own and actually making that known. He should just suck it up.
    Dude,... Aaron Rodgers IS Don Majkowski with more athleticism for his size.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Aaron Rodgers commanded an offense that was #1 in the league at scoring with 35 points per game.

Ben Roethlisberger commanded an offense that was tied for 21st in scoring at 20.3 points per game.

In Rodgers case an elite offense is losing its OC. In Ben's case, a wanna be elite offense that talks about 'how close they are' is losing its OC.

I see a big difference between the two scenarios. Ben's offense puts up 35 points per game this past season and we are either undefeated or have one loss.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Does 'through no fault of the steelers' indicate we pursued him or just that he is out due to other circumstances?
    It means that Aaron Rodgers wants Clements as his OC since he was his QB coach for 6 years, odds are very good that it will happen

What are you talking about?? How dare Rodgers have an opinion about who he wants to have as an OC. That is just overboard. I'm sure the Green Bay fans are ripping this prima dona, drama queen for daring to have an opinion of his own and actually making that known. He should just suck it up.
    WP, sir. Wp.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Rookie

User Info Menu

Now, here's the thing:

I know that we put LOL in these posts or the laughing smiley face...but I truly laughed out loud, inappropriately loud, when I read this. Now, my wife thinks there is something wrong with me (moreso than usual).
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

If the Steelers offenses scored 35 ppg., Bruce Arians would still be here. And I think it's safe to say most of us wouldn't have a problem with that. Hell, he'd still be here if they scored 28 ppg., Arians would still be here. I think most of us would be cool with that. It really is that simple.

Rockon

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick

Now, here's the thing:

I know that we put LOL in these posts or the laughing smiley face...but I truly laughed out loud, inappropriately loud, when I read this. Now, my wife thinks there is something wrong with me (moreso than usual).
    Well, there is something wrong with you. Glad I could be of assistence in pointing that fact out to your wife.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Steelblood wrote:

That isn't surprising. I think he'll be the next Green Bay OC. He is already there and it is a good situation.

Maybe so, but WTH would he do there. They aren't going to change the playbook and him being an ex QB probably would like to call some plays. This situation is somewhat puzzling. ---[You would think a competitive person would want a more challenging arena]

Has anyone ever heard any interviews with this guy on the local sports shows. Is he at all interested in coaching. [I did think I saw where he was on the interview list for the Tampa Bay coaching job]. But, I am starting to suspect this guy just might really be satisfied and comfortable as a QB coach.

RuthlessBurgher [I think] said:

Rumblings per Wexell is that the new OC at Green Bay is not going to be Clements but the tight end coach.

Sounds familiar....

A lot of people forget that Mularkey actually wanted to take Whis with him to Buffalo to be the OC, but we promoted Whis instead and he took Clements.

-----It's hard to remember the chronology of that situation. Let's see! Mularkey gets hired by Buffalo, then the Steelers hire Whis as OC, then Mularkey hires TC as his OC. Not sure about that, but if that's the case then it throws a different light on this situation.

Now an obscure TE coach in GB is going to be promoted over him. What am I missing here?

All I remember is in 2001-2003 the Steelers never looked better ever to me on the field. Nothing to do with wins or losses. Nothing to do with overall production. They just looked better. Of course, whether or not a mere QB coach had anything to do with that I have no idea. But, those were some of my favorite teams and really interesting to watch.