Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line types that we need....

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Offensive Line types that we need....

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Legs not strong enough? I'll listen to Craig Wolfley and his assessments over yours. Come on...

Oh boy not again. Its fine that you would listen to Wolfley over me Not sure if your post was in directed at my opinions or not, if not then ignore.

If so then guys are going to really have to try to start benefiting from the written word. How can you read any of my post and think that I have written anything in regard to Legs not being strong enough. I haven't said that at all. I really don't care how strong he is, he simply isn't good enough to start for a Steeler oline that we hope to be a force in the future, imo. Not only that but I think we can do much better (this is actually my real point). Legs in adequate at best. Do you really think we should settle for Legs being a starter because Wolfley said he was stong "enough". I would love to hear the context in which Wolfley made this statement.

So basically we should go to the Swiss alps and recruit Magnum von Mangus von Magnusson von Mega'f'ing Supermagnum winner of Mr. Strongest Guy in the Galaxy award the last 5 years and running, and plug this guy in on the oline. Hell, he's strong enough. Heck, we might be able to pay him in 5 gallon barrels of creatine. That's your logic right. I mean have you seen one of these competitions. These guys can pull a 767 jumbo jet by a titanium piece of floss tied around their nads. Sorry for the imagery but you get my point. These guys are stronger than most people in the NFL. So what, Ngata would own all of them.

Let me put it this way. Oline like any position is made up of several different physical skill sets and attributes, along with knowledge and technique. You, arbitrarily emphasizing one of his attributes ie. Legs' strength, would be like me talking up some guy who is tall enough (6'5'') great wing span, great student of the game, understands the plays perfectly, super fast feet and lateral movement, with the best technique in the league and I want this guy to start, right. You see where I going with this. Then you come along and ask me what's his bench. I tell you he can do 225 lb. about 5 to 7 times max. You start laughing hysterically. You ask me how much does he weigh. I say 255 lbs but Im working on it. You walk away shaking your head.

Ok Wolf said he has strength. But he is lacking in other areas to the point that "I" see him get handled too much. He's getting better and he's a keeper, but Leg's is going to help us dominate the line of scrimmage, come on, we can do better.

Legend

User Info Menu

athletic and smart

screw the Kemno types

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    athletic and smart
    That is why DeCastro is worth trading up for. Extremely athletic (while still keeping a nasty edge to him as well) and also quite intelligent (Stanford kid and all).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bring back Kolb, Faneca, Dirt, and Webby in their prime and let em duke it out with the current roster.

Backup

User Info Menu

Cant judge a guy off of a few plays, but Glenn looks like he's walking around out there. Is this true.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pick6
    Legs not strong enough? I'll listen to Craig Wolfley and his assessments over yours. Come on...

Oh boy not again. Its fine that you would listen to Wolfley over me Not sure if your post was in directed at my opinions or not, if not then ignore.
    Eddie Spaghetti said Legs is not strong enough, I think the response was to that comment.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and I believe that to be true, no matter what wolfley says.

legurskys mobility helps him at LG, but he cannot play RG.

he got hammered there when he started last season at that spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

legs is OK, nothing great

he got manhandled by ngata. if OLs leave ngata one on one, he'll eat up most of those guys

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Quote Originally Posted by pick6

Eddie Spaghetti said Legs is not strong enough, I think the response was to that comment.[/quote

Thanks. My bad pfelix. Im an idiot. But the part about Supermangum was kinda funny. Cmon cut me some slack.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We need LEADERS. We need guys who don't move like molasses, which is what we've had for years. When I say that, I don't even necessarily mean physically, although we have our share of those. I mean mentally!

Our problems are the slow-thinking, slow-reacting, slow-motivation (i.e. preparation), etc. Kemoeatu is the poster child for this, but we have had plenty of these types.

We need LEADERS.

(On a different note, it is sad, that in the evolution of NFL football... that we have lost the variety in terms of offensive line types. In the days I fell in love with the game, we had lines (like the Hogs) who were big mauling types. But there also were plenty of the smaller, pulling type lines, who utilized small athletic linemen. The 80's 9ers, our teams of the 70's-80's... It's sad that the game has evolved/devolved into just big lards. I guess that's kinda why I have a soft spot for a guy like Legursky.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.