Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steeler brass @ Sr Bowl talks to Boise St OLB Shea McClellin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Steeler brass @ Sr Bowl talks to Boise St OLB Shea McCle

Love this kid...non-stop motor. For the record, I'm in favor of snagging both him & Miles Burris (I posted my mock in an earlier thread) both have the energy & the IQ to play in our defense.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Love this kid...non-stop motor. For the record, I'm in favor of snagging both him & Miles Burris (I posted my mock in an earlier thread) both have the energy & the IQ to play in our defense.
    The aforementioned mock...

1. Dontari Poe, NT Memphis - Too much raw physical talent to pass up at a position of need.
    2. Amini Silatolu, OG Midwestern St. - Dominant small-school prospect that might not make it this far.
    3. Brandon Taylor, FS LSU - Good cover skills & a good tackler.
    4. Shea McClellin, OLB Boise St. - He's got the size & the motor to back up the OLBs...love this kid.
    5. Miles Burris, LB San Diego St. - I know...he's a OLB now, but so was Farrior & the kid can play anywhere.
    6. Derrick Dennis, OG Temple - An athletic OL project with a lot of upside...& position flexibility.
    7. Kheeston Randall, DE Texas - We need DL back-ups & he projects well as a Steelers 3-4 DE.

UDFA:
    Terrance Ganaway, RB Baylor - A runaway train of a RB.
    James Carmon, OT Miss. St. - Another athletic OL project (to jettison Jamon Meredith).
    Ryan Davis, OLB Bethune-Cookman - Size/speed prospect with a good motor.
    Delano Johnson, OLB Bowie St. - Ditto...
    Chandler Harnish, QB N. Illinois - MAC QB with a schoolyard game & a good arm...sound familiar?
    Gino Gradowski, OG Delaware - Another good lower division OL prospect.
    Nate Eachus, RB Colgate - Brian Leonard-style RB...hard runner, good receiver.
    Kris Burd, WR Virginia - A player in the Hines Ward mold with some speed...goes over the middle, blocks everyone.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    He's white. Good luck with that.

Tomlin doesn't draft white players.

See Sean Lee.
    You are correct .... Tomlin is even trying to fill our QB position w/ black QBs that can't throw the ball.

See Dixon and Troy Smith (waste of a signing)
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Yes lets address another OLB, when we need ILB..
    Yes, a team that relies on its OLBs as the lifeblood of its defense spoke to a college kid at the senior bowl who happens to play that position. This clearly shows an intention to completely abandon any other position of need. The sky is falling!!!
    I wouldn't look at it that way. If they are looking at him inside in base...I'm excited to see what the blitz packages will look like in sub packages. ILB is a need...No question. Watch some highlights of him...The guy can get to the QB from any part of the field. He shows the abilty to get in the backfield on running plays and run plays down from behind.
    Even if he was a pure OLB, I don't think that there is anything wrong with the Steelers looking at him. But with the versatility described, he sounds like somebody who could be an excellent fit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    He's white. Good luck with that.

Tomlin doesn't draft white players.

See Sean Lee.
    You are correct .... Tomlin is even trying to fill our QB position w/ black QBs that can't throw the ball.

Kind of silly to be honest. When Ben was facing his suspension didn't they also have talks with Donte Culpepper? Makes no sense to me at all.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

So Cordy Glenn is a bust?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    You mean Troy Smith, the only rookie QB to beat a LeBeau defense?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Miles Burris.
    Great call Dresden!! Not many people are hip to Miles Burris. He is a freak! Outstanding, non-stop motor, and a flat out chase you down from behind, tackle for loss machine. I will be interested to see what his 40 time is. He plays so fast. Regardless his read and react is off the charts. I think I'd not want to play him inside though. Yes I think he could do it but you'd get more big play from him off the edge.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Miles Burris.
    Great call Dresden!! Not many people are hip to Miles Burris. He is a freak! Outstanding, non-stop motor, and a flat out chase you down from behind, tackle for loss machine. I will be interested to see what his 40 time is. He plays so fast. Regardless his read and react is off the charts. I think I'd not want to play him inside though. Yes I think he could do it but you'd get more big play from him off the edge.
    i have heard 4.55-4.60, but he looks faster at times. its amazing on tape how many people he runs down from behind

pro day/combine should be interesting since he is a big weight room guy...435 bench, 635 squat. I expect his draft stock to shoot up after his pro-day/combine. Hopefully not though, I would like to steal him late in the draft
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Miles Burris.
    I'm knowing homie,. the kid is active to say the least. When i watch him play, i get a young Ray lewis vibe from him in terms of his intensity, motor, strength and athleticism.

I don't care what his 40 time is,....he's an 'impact' backer that plays faster than any i have seen coming out in quite some time. Maybe since Patrick Willis ?

I also like the fact that he has little problem "sifting through trash". He's like a heat seeking missile with little regard for who's attempting to block him. I would not be surprised if some front office pulled the trigger on this kid far sooner than anyone expects.

I agree with you about him probably being better off the edge,...but he's so physical,...i would not be surprised if he could actually go on to be a stud inside with professional coaching and willingness to meet the challenge.
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF