Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steeler brass @ Sr Bowl talks to Boise St OLB Shea McClellin

Re: Steeler brass @ Sr Bowl talks to Boise St OLB Shea McCle

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Yes lets address another OLB, when we need ILB..
    Burris is capable of playing both inside and Olb in a 3-4 Steel.

And if we also landed Kendricks to get his young Postie on,... IMO i think we could somewhat offset the facts that Potsie is done, Foote is done, Worilds is ridiculous, Timmons is vastly overrated, Sylvester is a career Backup, Wood (though a stud) is inconsistent and Harrison will be 34.
    Dude you got to quit the Worilds is crap stuff. He is a kid in a man's game at this point.

Did Porter, Haggans, Harrison, Gildon light it up there first 2yrs in the NFL? He is the "future". Same as Hood. No way they were going to see the snaps they have if not for crappy injuries to the beasts. Also I hope that if there was not the lock out he would have been a little more ready.

Will he pan out? I don't know at this point and you do not also. He could be another 2nd round bust I will give you that. But man you got to give some of these guys some time to grow. I will say I don't see him being as good as Woodley. But he can grow into a very good LB for us.
    I understand your perspective SS and i have no problem with you at all for that fact. However i do not agree that Worilds will ever be productive in a 3-4 defense. IMO he's a 4-3 Tampa 2 type backer,...much like Timmons was coming out of College.

For the most part,.. the best backers for a 3-4 are not only intelligent and athletic,.... but powerful and explosive. I just do not see that from Worilds at a professional level.
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Miles Burris.
    Great call Dresden!! Not many people are hip to Miles Burris. He is a freak! Outstanding, non-stop motor, and a flat out chase you down from behind, tackle for loss machine. I will be interested to see what his 40 time is. He plays so fast. Regardless his read and react is off the charts. I think I'd not want to play him inside though. Yes I think he could do it but you'd get more big play from him off the edge.
    I'm knowing homie,. the kid is active to say the least. When i watch him play, i get a young Ray lewis vibe from him in terms of his intensity, motor, strength and athleticism.

I don't care what his 40 time is,....he's an 'impact' backer that plays faster than any i have seen coming out in quite some time. Maybe since Patrick Willis ?

I also like the fact that he has little problem "sifting through trash". He's like a heat seeking missile with little regard for who's attempting to block him. I would not be surprised if some front office pulled the trigger on this kid far sooner than anyone expects.

I agree with you about him probably being better off the edge,...but he's so physical,...i would not be surprised if he could actually go on to be a stud inside with professional coaching and willingness to meet the challenge.
    Did you just recommend moving a OLB to inside like Timmons! I think some of the stuff you said about Burris was said about Timmons. Just busten your chops by the way.

I do like the sound of both of these LB's. Will be paying close attention to LB's at the combine.

Shea McClellin seems very versitile and has a motor that doesn't stop. Seems like a good fit. Can he play special teams?

ChucktownSteeler

Until the 3:08 mark of the video (halfway thru the 3rd Q) I wasn't overly impressed, but McClellin really seemed to step it up in the 4th quarter. Early in the video I thought he looked like Timmons whiffing on a sack.