Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steeler brass @ Sr Bowl talks to Boise St OLB Shea McClellin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Steeler brass @ Sr Bowl talks to Boise St OLB Shea McCle

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Yes lets address another OLB, when we need ILB..
    Burris is capable of playing both inside and Olb in a 3-4 Steel.

And if we also landed Kendricks to get his young Postie on,... IMO i think we could somewhat offset the facts that Potsie is done, Foote is done, Worilds is ridiculous, Timmons is vastly overrated, Sylvester is a career Backup, Wood (though a stud) is inconsistent and Harrison will be 34.
    Dude you got to quit the Worilds is crap stuff. He is a kid in a man's game at this point.

Did Porter, Haggans, Harrison, Gildon light it up there first 2yrs in the NFL? He is the "future". Same as Hood. No way they were going to see the snaps they have if not for crappy injuries to the beasts. Also I hope that if there was not the lock out he would have been a little more ready.

Will he pan out? I don't know at this point and you do not also. He could be another 2nd round bust I will give you that. But man you got to give some of these guys some time to grow. I will say I don't see him being as good as Woodley. But he can grow into a very good LB for us.

Starter

User Info Menu

He's white. Good luck with that.

Tomlin doesn't draft white players.

See Sean Lee.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not a surprise. Steelers may be looking at him to play inside out of base. He actually wants to play there. We all know the Steelers look for LB to rush the QB from all positions and from what I'm hearing he can cover and get through traffic. Hmmm....

[url="http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/01/25/ccripe/florida_running_back_says_secloaded_south_will_dom inate_senior_b"]http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/0 ... e_senior_b[/url]

[url="http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/17001034"]http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/17001034[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, a team that relies on its OLBs as the lifeblood of its defense spoke to a college kid at the senior bowl who happens to play that position. This clearly shows an intention to completely abandon any other position of need. The sky is falling!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43

See Sean Lee.
    He's drafted a couple. They end up cut though.

Funny we are talking we need a guard & Kraig Urbik will be the starting C for the Bills who were leading the league in rushing for part of last season.

Not trying to , just stating facts.

Lets just say I don't plan on including Shea McClellin, Audi Cole, or either of the Wisconsin interior linemen in my mock draft.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "PSU_dropout43":2svexq2j

See Sean Lee.

Funny we are talking we need a guard & Kraig Urbik will be the starting C for the Bills who were leading the league in rushing for part of last season.

Lets just say I don't plan on including Shea McClellin, Audi Cole, or either of the Wisconsin interior linemen in my mock draft.[/quote:2svexq2j]

part of the season? What part? If it was the first 4 games who cares...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "PSU_dropout43":2gqtc29z

See Sean Lee.

Lets just say I don't plan on including Shea McClellin, Audi Cole, or either of the Wisconsin interior linemen in my mock draft.[/quote:2gqtc29z]

Guys...The only place I would play the "white" card is at CB. It is very hard to find a "quick twitch" white athlete who can run with the big boys. Who cares about the color of skin if they guy could ball? Besides, all the good white athlets find there way to the Patriots. :P Those racist Bastards!

Rookie

User Info Menu

J.J. Watt.

That is a guy who could change opinions on the merits of "white" defenders in the first round.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Yes, a team that relies on its OLBs as the lifeblood of its defense spoke to a college kid at the senior bowl who happens to play that position. This clearly shows an intention to completely abandon any other position of need. The sky is falling!!!
    I wouldn't look at it that way. If they are looking at him inside in base...I'm excited to see what the blitz packages will look like in sub packages. ILB is a need...No question. Watch some highlights of him...The guy can get to the QB from any part of the field. He shows the abilty to get in the backfield on running plays and run plays down from behind.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=feltdizz]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by "PSU_dropout43":1cqx8q6i

See Sean Lee.

Lets just say I don't plan on including Shea McClellin, Audi Cole, or either of the Wisconsin interior linemen in my mock draft.
    part of the season? What part? If it was the first 4 games who cares...[/quote:1cqx8q6i]

The first 4 games is 'part' of the season, 1/4 of the season actually. And Fred Jackson was running the ball very well until his injury. They ended the season 5th in yards per rushing attempt.
    @_Hellgrammite