Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

  1. #41

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Why that's the cutest thing i've seen all day. However it does not change the fact that it is only in the eyes of 'Roethlisberger disciples' that is he an accurate, intelligent, elite passing QB whom posses the true humility and discipline to improve as an NFL QB.

    Did i also mention that the aforementioned demographic are also the only ones whom cannot see 'Creep' almost oozing out of every pour of his "Chevy Chase's retarded little brother" face.
    Two questions for you.
    1.) If Ben is as bad as you seem to maintain, why is he considered a top tier Q-Back, by most current NFL players, Coaches, News Media sites such as SIRIUS NFL and the NFL Network, not just "Roethlisberger Disciples"? For me I could see how finishing 12 & 4 tied with our hated rival Baltimore, and yet another playoff appearance could look bad.
    2.) More importantly who would you get to replace him? We are not going to draft high enough for anyone in the draft thatís worth a darn (sorry we didn't suck for Luck), and players like Matt Flynn are probably going to be sucked up by teams who need them more (Miami, etc.). Please don't come back and say Dixons the future, he a good backup but not much more....

  2. #42

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Lord almighty, you folks act like Ben body slammed the Ambassador. He was asking questions about the direction the owner wants to go and said he will make it his responsibility to make it happen. Oh no.. how terrible!

    He doesn't need to be a subservient "yes man". We need a leader that will execute the front office/coaches plans and deliver another Lombardi.


    == vent off == I'm just tired of over-reaction to every sound bite.

  3. #43
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,908

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Dude,... Roethlisberger IS Kent Graham with more athleticism for his size.
    In other news, Barry Sanders IS Napoleon Dynamite with more athleticism for his size.
    RB, you are usually spot on with your pop culture references. But I would have gone Uncle Rico with this one. Just sayin'

    Uncle Rico is Tim Tebow with an arm that can throw footballs over mountains.

  4. #44
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    "When I get back I'm going to go up to Mr. Rooney's office and ask him what he wants from me, what he wants from this offense, because I think that's a viable question for him," Roethlisberger said Thursday in an exclusive interview with the Tribune-Review following a light Pro Bowl practice. "He's our owner and our boss, so I really would like to know kind of what he wants and where he sees our offense going because I'd like to tell him where I see us going."

    There, is the dig folks.
    @_Hellgrammite

  5. #45
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,274

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    "When I get back I'm going to go up to Mr. Rooney's office and ask him what he wants from me, what he wants from this offense, because I think that's a viable question for him," Roethlisberger said Thursday in an exclusive interview with the Tribune-Review following a light Pro Bowl practice. "He's our owner and our boss, so I really would like to know kind of what he wants and where he sees our offense going because I'd like to tell him where I see us going."

    There, is the dig folks.
    I think you could chose to see this as conflict OR see it as collaboration.

  6. #46

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    There are some serious drama kings on this board.

    LISTEN to what Ben said and then tall me if you still think he is being defiant.
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/ ... t-offense/

  7. #47
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Dude,... Roethlisberger IS Kent Graham with more athleticism for his size.
    In other news, Barry Sanders IS Napoleon Dynamite with more athleticism for his size.
    RB, you are usually spot on with your pop culture references. But I would have gone Uncle Rico with this one. Just sayin'

    Uncle Rico is Tim Tebow with an arm that can throw footballs over mountains.

  8. #48

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    There are some serious drama kings on this board.

    LISTEN to what Ben said and then tall me if you still think he is being defiant.
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/ ... t-offense/
    And the problem is the likelihood of people to make their own inferences and project their own feelings and perceptions onto the written word...

    That's the only way that the print media stays afloat...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

  9. #49

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by williar
    If Ben continues to "express" what's on his mind I wonder if he'll get the "Santonio" treatment. I still think they should have gone out the door together.
    That is the most ignorant statement I've heard in a long time. Santonio didn't go out the door for his comments, he went because he was a druggie that showed no desire to change. Has Ben made mistakes? Certainly. Has he shown a desire to change? Yes. Has he learned from his mistakes? It seems to me he has. Has Santonio done the same? HELL NO. So, don't equate the two. You're comparing apples to oranges.

  10. #50
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,349

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    Quote Originally Posted by williar
    If Ben continues to "express" what's on his mind I wonder if he'll get the "Santonio" treatment. I still think they should have gone out the door together.
    That is the most ignorant statement I've heard in a long time. Santonio didn't go out the door for his comments, he went because he was a druggie that showed no desire to change. Has Ben made mistakes? Certainly. Has he shown a desire to change? Yes. Has he learned from his mistakes? It seems to me he has. Has Santonio done the same? HELL NO. So, don't equate the two. You're comparing apples to oranges.
    No he isn't... both guys did a great job putting our franchise in a negative light. Ben could've easily been shipped out along with Holmes and most fans would understand why. Not saying they would like it but they would understand why.

    Holmes may be a "druggie" but Ben isn't called rapistburger" because it sounds funny...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •