Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

  1. #31
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    "We feel like we are really close to being an elite offense," said Roethlisberger, who will play in his second Pro Bowl. "For your leader to be gone is kind of a shocker for us, but you've got to be ready for it, and whatever the Rooneys and coach (Mike) Tomlin decide is our next step. I think the (Steelers') mind was made up, and B.A. was kind of ready to move on as well."

    Yeah, this really doesn't sound too bad. He's upset his buddy was canned, but he isn't burning any bridges. Too many are overreacting imho.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  2. #32

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Ben is merely reacting to a mentor being fired and anxiety around his future role in the Steelers offense. And lets not forget the additional work of having to learn a new system. And when it's all said and done, the last thing might be the thing Ben is most upset about. He gets paid alot of money to throw a ball. He will get over it.

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,061

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Anyone here been through a re-org at their company or had a boss let go. There's going to be questions when leadership changes. It's natural. I didn't read anything into Ben being curious about where the team may be headed. I also don't have any issue with him making suggstions -he's going to be the one leading the way on the field. Don't you feel good when you know you can honestly talk about they way you see things at your job?

    One tiny concern is Ben thinking that being the 21st Offense and the way they struggled all season to score points in the red zone or put teams away puts them on the verge of being elite. I don't believe, and obviously the Rooneys don't either, that Arians was the coach to make that happen. As long as ben is open to possibility that a new guy can make a difference this team will be fine, if not really good to great.

  4. #34

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    I didn't hear the tone or the context, but from what I've read, it didn't sound like Ben was upset.

    There is nothing wrong with wanting to know the expectations that your boss has for you. I like to know my employer's strategic vision and the role that I'm expected to take in setting forth that vision, and from time to time, I speak to the powers that be regarding those issues.

    This sounds like Ben is being a responsible employee. Good for him. Hopefully he takes it on himself to ensure that his next OC is not fired.

  5. #35
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Annapolis (not baltimore)
    Posts
    1,692

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    I do not know if people are overreacting, Ben has put himself in alot of bad situations and the Steelers have stood by his side, and for him to even question the ownership a little bit because they let the O.C. go after the offense has made no improvements over the past few years just looks bad on his part. If Flacco were to do the same thing we would be pointing and laughing...

  6. #36
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,122

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    I do not know if people are overreacting, Ben has put himself in alot of bad situations and the Steelers have stood by his side, and for him to even question the ownership a little bit because they let the O.C. go after the offense has made no improvements over the past few years just looks bad on his part. If Flacco were to do the same thing we would be pointing and laughing...
    Anything Flacco does makes you laugh.. that mustache is horrible.

    I don't think people are over reacting but I think it's funny how Arians leaving and Ben showing emotion has people jumping on his back. What reaction were fans expecting from Ben?

  7. #37

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    yikes ... that doesn't sound good.

    If Ben's not careful, Rooney will send him packing and him and Arians can be together again....
    In a perfect world,..........
    ...........in which we descend back to the depths with a succession of Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Bubby Brister, Todd Blackledge, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Jim Miller, Kordell Stewart, Kent Graham, and Tommy Maddox at QB leading us to, well, nowhere in particular. Talk about a perfect world!!!
    Dude,... Roethlisberger IS Kent Graham with more athleticism for his size.
    Wow! Is that the TRUTH or What...

  8. #38

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by williar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    yikes ... that doesn't sound good.

    If Ben's not careful, Rooney will send him packing and him and Arians can be together again....
    In a perfect world,..........
    ...........in which we descend back to the depths with a succession of Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Bubby Brister, Todd Blackledge, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Jim Miller, Kordell Stewart, Kent Graham, and Tommy Maddox at QB leading us to, well, nowhere in particular. Talk about a perfect world!!!
    Dude,... Roethlisberger IS Kent Graham with more athleticism for his size.
    Wow! Is that the TRUTH or What...
    Definitely the "What" part...

  9. #39

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Please, Ben. Don't show your true colors. Be a professional and rise up and meet the challenges of succeeding in a functional, new offense... If Ben continues to "express" what's on his mind I wonder if he'll get the "Santonio" treatment. I still think they should have gone out the door together.

  10. #40

    Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Anything Flacco does makes you laugh.. that mustache is horrible.
    One of my cousins described him as looking like a motorcycle cop in a gay porno. I can't think of a better description.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •