Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ben Wants Some Answers from Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    yikes ... that doesn't sound good.

If Ben's not careful, Rooney will send him packing and him and Arians can be together again....
    In a perfect world,..........
    ...........in which we descend back to the depths with a succession of Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Bubby Brister, Todd Blackledge, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Jim Miller, Kordell Stewart, Kent Graham, and Tommy Maddox at QB leading us to, well, nowhere in particular. Talk about a perfect world!!!
    Dude,... Roethliberger IS Kent Graham with more athleticism for his size.
    [youtube:1su85x51]5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube:1su85x51]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dude,... Roethlisberger IS Kent Graham with more athleticism for his size.
    Yeah! AND those two Super Bowl rings with the Steelers!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    yikes ... that doesn't sound good.

If Ben's not careful, Rooney will send him packing and him and Arians can be together again....
    In a perfect world,..........
    ...........in which we descend back to the depths with a succession of Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Bubby Brister, Todd Blackledge, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Jim Miller, Kordell Stewart, Kent Graham, and Tommy Maddox at QB leading us to, well, nowhere in particular. Talk about a perfect world!!!
    Dude,... Roethliberger IS Kent Graham with more athleticism for his size.
    [youtube:1f5bvtiz]5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube:1f5bvtiz]

Why that's the cutest thing i've seen all day. However it does not change the fact that it is only in the eyes of 'Roethlisberger disciples' that is he an accurate, intelligent, elite passing QB whom posses the true humility and discipline to improve as an NFL QB.

Did i also mention that the aforementioned demographic are also the only ones whom cannot see 'Creep' almost oozing out of every pour of his "Chevy Chase's retarded little brother" face.
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Try this on for size Ben...
    You are the third highest paid QB in the league & your offense was ranked 21st in scoring, the most important category. In the 2011 offseason we heard you and Bruce talk about how close you are to being an elite offense. After training camp we heard how close you are to being an elite offense. And now in the 2012 offseason we are hearing how close you are to being an elite offense.

Time to shut up and put your play where your money and your mouth are!

We need an OC that maximizes the qualities and skills of 11 guys, not one that caters to one guy.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, that's a massive beat-up.

Ben doesn't sound too upset. It looks like he feels that the offense's inability to perform at their best lead to Arians being sacked- looks like Ben puts it on himself.

Chadman is sure there's a bit of a dig at Rooney there, but it'll be "on with the show" in 2012.

Non-issue. Looks like the reporter needs something to write about.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

wow.

someone might want to remind ben of who stood by him through two sexual assault charges.

the rooneys have been very good to him and he shouldn't forget it. They could have shipped him to arizona never to be heard from again on a big stage.

and I'm damn sick of waiting for this offense to be "elite".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here you, go... Ben wants answers, doesn't get them, wants to leave, given papers and sent to Arizona, then Peyton Manning finishes off his HOF career with the Steelers, winning 3 more SuperBowls in the process. Cool.

Starter

User Info Menu

The simple answer is this... Rooney looked at the $102 million investment in his QB and his OC who was too stubborn to adapt to the fact that his line is mediocre and determined that firing said OC was the ticket to lengthening his QB's career.

We've seen this drama before - Ben and Plax were great buddies, Plax was Ben's security blanket, and we let him go... and won a Super Bowl while Plax was busy shooting himself.

The way I see it is this: Lennon and McCartney couldn't stand each other, and they were the greatest songwriting team in history. Brady and his OC scream at each other on the sideline, and he's the best QB of this era. A little discord around here might be good for the W - L record.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with the W-L record... Ben's health and scoring are the main problem.

..and Plax shot himself a year after he had the game winning catch in the SB.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a coach or player being friends... It's all about the results and I really think Arians and Ben went as far as they could in 5 years. The way I ended may have been odd due to our 12-4 record and some things Tomlin said but 5 years is a long time for an OC. I wouldn't be surprised if Fitchner fete the job and him and Ben become best friends while Ben keeps playing the way he does.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

WOW, some of you really like making soap operas out of everything. Read what Wexell tweeted, drama queens.