Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan made the call on Arians

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dan made the call on Arians

Have heard twice now that Dan Rooney is the one that made the call on pulling the plug on Arians. I have no link, but it honestly makes sense. Tomlin says he wants Arians back, Art II says it's Tomlin's call, then the plug is pulled. The Steelers aren't some shady organization so Dan making the call makes sense to me.

Mike Prisuta is the source of this info so if you find him unreliable feel free to disagree but to me this explains a lot.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Dan made the call on Arians

Seems more and more to me that, it was probably a surprise to Tomlin that, Arians was getting the boot. For sure Suisham didn't kick him out of here.

On an earlier post I made the comment that, the Steelers probably already knew who the new OC would be but, now that I understand that Tomlin wanted him to return then, that probably isn't the case and Tomlin wasn't prepared for Arians departure.

I wonder if Ben didn't get into trouble last season would Arians even made it to last season ?

I have a feeling Art thought, I gave him the players, we are over the cap and they can't score points and Ben is getting killed.

I also doubt Art cares too much for a buddy buddy relationship as tight as those two seemed to have.
    And I also believe Art wasn't waiting for the house to crumble before Tomlin finally realized Arians is average at best and can't bring the success to this offense as he should with surrounding talent.

The Rooneys waited a long time for another Super Bowl QB and Arians and Tomlin are not doing what was best with the talent we have.

Does anyone remember how long it took the Steelers to hire Tomlin after Bill Cowher retired ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

???? The post states Dan, not Art II made the call where Art stated it was up to Tomlin.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

To me, it makes perfect sense for Art to take the blame and be they bad guy in this situation. It preserves the relationship between Tomlin and Ben. That is what is needed to be successful.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    To me, it makes perfect sense for Art to take the blame and be they bad guy in this situation. It preserves the relationship between Tomlin and Ben. That is what is needed to be successful.
    Very possible

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

There could be some inner turmoil within the franchise with new minority owner(s) on board. Not sure what this controversy means for the long term stability of the franchise.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dan is coming back to the franchise & giving up his Irish post. Maybe Art trusts Dan's instincts.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Seems more and more to me that, it was probably a surprise to Tomlin that, Arians was getting the boot. For sure Suisham didn't kick him out of here.

On an earlier post I made the comment that, the Steelers probably already knew who the new OC would be but, now that I understand that Tomlin wanted him to return then, that probably isn't the case and Tomlin wasn't prepared for Arians departure.

I wonder if Ben didn't get into trouble last season would Arians even made it to last season ?

I have a feeling Art thought, I gave him the players, we are over the cap and they can't score points and Ben is getting killed.

I also doubt Art cares too much for a buddy buddy relationship as tight as those two seemed to have.
    And I also believe Art wasn't waiting for the house to crumble before Tomlin finally realized Arians is average at best and can't bring the success to this offense as he should with surrounding talent.

The Rooneys waited a long time for another Super Bowl QB and Arians and Tomlin are not doing what was best with the talent we have.

Does anyone remember how long it took the Steelers to hire Tomlin after Bill Cowher retired ?
    THATS FUNNY!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Very possible
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess all we can do is embrace whatever direction the franchise thinks we need to go in. They have proven to make some wise decisions that have given us a team that has unparalleled success. We are all passionate about the team, all have our thoughts on how things have been, and how they should be down the road. At the end of the day this team has given us all a lifetime of awesome memories and I suspect many more to come.
    @_Hellgrammite