Thread: Josh Chapman blows ACL

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Josh Chapman blows ACL

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    hey skl,

do you think a team might burn a late-round draft choice on Chapman knowing he probably won't play his rookie season or do NFL teams tend to pass on guys who blow out their ACL?
    The eagles have gambled picks in the 4th or 5th round on guys like this in the past. There was a corner and a tight end. Both had high grades and were coming off injuries. Can't remember their names -- neither guy made any impact.
    Wisconsin CB Jack Ikegwuonu (4.131 in 200 and Florida TE Cornelius Ingram (5.153 in 2009).
    Good memory. Your encyclopedic knowledge never ceases to amaze.

I thought I remembered the corner having a name similar to iguana and being from Wisconsin, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    SKL,

I'm going to go against your request for the purposes of discussion.

I realize Ta'amu has been shut down by elite offensive lines this season. Why are the specific factors in your ratings of "stinks." I only watched 3 of his games this season. 2 he played very well in and commanded constant double teams. The other he disappeared in.

Are you attending the Senior Bowl this year?

steelblood
    He doesn't stink....I just wouldn't touch him until about round 5. He has no balance is completely on skates at times and plays like a man about 100 pounds lighter than he is. Way too inconsistent. I will not be at the game but I have been here the last 3 days.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    hey skl,

do you think a team might burn a late-round draft choice on Chapman knowing he probably won't play his rookie season or do NFL teams tend to pass on guys who blow out their ACL?
    The eagles have gambled picks in the 4th or 5th round on guys like this in the past. There was a corner and a tight end. Both had high grades and were coming off injuries. Can't remember their names -- neither guy made any impact.
    Wisconsin CB Jack Ikegwuonu (4.131 in 200 and Florida TE Cornelius Ingram (5.153 in 2009).
    Good memory. Your encyclopedic knowledge never ceases to amaze.

I thought I remembered the corner having a name similar to iguana and being from Wisconsin, but I wasn't entirely sure.
    I'm not that smart...I'm no Ernie Adams. I remembered Ikegwuonu because I had him in my mock that year (6th or 7th round, though, not 4th)...thought his name was Jake rather than Jack, though. I had forgotten that Philly also drafted an injured TE a year later, but when you mentioned it, a Florida Gator came to mind, but I could not remember the name, so I looked it up on Google (then included where the Iggles drafted those guys, since I was already there).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.