Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens DC Chuck Pagano leaves to become Colts HC

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens DC Chuck Pagano leaves to become Colts HC

this should hurt the Ravens a little...

Colts Hire Chuck Pagano As Next Head Coach

By Joel Thorman - NFL Editor

The Colts interviewed a number of candidates but have reportedly decided to hire Ravens defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano as their next head coach.

Jan 25, 2012 - The Indianapolis Colts coaching search appears to have settled on Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano. According to Pro Football Talk, the Colts have hired Pagano as their new head coach.

Pagano is coming off his first season as the Ravens defensive coordinator and the stats show he clearly did well as the Ravens finished third in both points and yards allowed.

Pagano first jumped from the college ranks to the NFL when he took a job with the Cleveland Browns in 2001 coaching the secondary. He held the same position in Oakland. He spent one season as North Carolina's defensive coordinator before returning to the NFL as the Ravens secondary coach.

Pagano was among a number of candidates who reportedly interviewed with the Colts including Jim Tressel, Jerry Gray and Brad Childress.

[url="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/1/25/2733055/chuck-pagano-indianapolis-colts-head-coach-baltimore-ravens"]http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/1/25/2 ... ore-ravens[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ravens DC Chuck Pagano leaves to become Colts HC

They didn't want Arians ? After all, Arians is the reason for Peytons success.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So Jim Tressel is out for the head coach of the colts. How about QB coach for the steelers after Randy gets the OC?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wait a minute this guy is a defensive guy, I thought it was all about passing...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Makes you wonder if LUCK will be their guy since they hired a DEFENSIVE guy....you'd think they'd want an OFFENSIVE guy to develop the youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Wait a minute this guy is a defensive guy, I thought it was all about passing...
    It is ... you gotta stop the pass too!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    Makes you wonder if LUCK will be their guy since they hired a DEFENSIVE guy....you'd think they'd want an OFFENSIVE guy to develop the youngster.

Luck ran a power run pro style offense at Stanford. I bet the Colts want to get away from the pass happy O they had with Peyton.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Browsing the Rats boards after this news broke. They were hoping this off-season that Cam Cameron would get the ax. Instead their beloved DC is gone and per one of their inside reporters Cam will be back. Talk about rubbing salt into their wounds right after that brutal loss. Hahaha.

The guy they're hearing will replace him is Dean Pees. Don't know anything about him, but he's an in-house guy and they don't seem that thrilled with it. I guess they have a few defensive UFAs that they think might follow him as well. No big names, but decent backups.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe they'll bring Fat Rex back once the Jets tire of his shenanigans...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt that this is a factor. I would think that a QB coach and the OC would have a much stronger hand in the development of a QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.

I doubt that this is a factor. I would think that a QB coach and the OC would have a much stronger hand in the development of a QB.
    Remember, the Ravens brought in an offensive mind in Brian Billick back in the day, and they won with dominant defense and pedestrian offense. Go figure.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.