Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ravens DC Chuck Pagano leaves to become Colts HC

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Ravens DC Chuck Pagano leaves to become Colts HC

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    Makes you wonder if LUCK will be their guy since they hired a DEFENSIVE guy....you'd think they'd want an OFFENSIVE guy to develop the youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Wait a minute this guy is a defensive guy, I thought it was all about passing...
    It is ... you gotta stop the pass too!
    I doubt that this is a factor. I would think that a QB coach and the OC would have a much stronger hand in the development of a QB.
    Remember, the Ravens brought in an offensive mind in Brian Billick back in the day, and they won with dominant defense and pedestrian offense. Go figure.
    VERY dominant defense!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Maybe they'll bring Fat Rex back once the Jets tire of his shenanigans...
    So, after next season?

I'm still glad that Rex is out of the division. He's a loudmouth, but also a pretty good defensive coordinator.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cam Cameron, Dean Pees will be Ravens’ coordinators

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 27, 2012

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh has announced that Cam Cameron will remain the team’s offensive coordinator, while Dean Pees has been promoted to defensive coordinator, replacing new Colts head coach Chuck Pagano.

Although there was much talk that Cameron might be on the way out, Harbaugh said that was never even close to happening.

“Cam has been our offensive coordinator and will continue to be our offensive coordinator,” Harbaugh said. “It was a foregone conclusion to me. . . . It was a good year.”

Pees, who has been the Ravens’ linebackers coach the last two years, said he’s excited about the opportunity — his second opportunity to be a coordinator, having previously coordinated the Patriots’ defense from 2006 to 2009.

“It’s an incredible opportunity to be a defensive coordinator for anybody in this league,” Pees said. “But it’s especially humbling to be one for Ravens. . . . The tradition of this defense will continue, and it will flourish and it will get even better.”

Harbaugh said he didn’t need to conduct a long search for a new defensive coordinator because he liked what the Ravens already had on the staff.

However, Harbaugh did leave open the possibility that he’ll hire a quarterbacks coach. So while Harbaugh labeled it “a good year” for the Ravens’ offense, he seems to realize that Joe Flacco could stand to get better.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/27/cam-cameron-dean-pees-will-be-ravens-coordinators/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rdinators/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha