Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Post your OC candidates here....

Re: Post your OC candidates here....

STEVE LOGAN-

Ben would love this guy-

Steve Logan (born February 3, 1953) is an American football coach. Most recently, he served as the running backs coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL), a position he held from 2009 to 2011. Logan was the head football coach at East Carolina University from 1992 to 2002, compiling a record of 69–58.

In 1989, Logan became an assistant coach at East Carolina University. He was team's offensive coordinator under Bill Lewis from 1990–91, working alongside future Boston College Head Coach Jeff Jagodzinski. When Logan succeeded Lewis, Jagodzinski remained on staff for four years before accepting the offensive coordinator position at Boston College. The 1991 Pirate team finished 11–1, reached a top-10 national ranking and defeated North Carolina State in the Peach Bowl.

Logan served as the head coach of East Carolina from 1992–2002. He became the school's all-time winning coach (69–5, and led the Pirates to five bowl games, including the 1994 St. Jude Liberty Bowl, the 1995 St. Jude Liberty Bowl, the 1999 Mobile Alabama Bowl, the 2000 Galleryfurniture.com Bowl, and the 2001 GMAC Bowl. Logan's 1995 team finished with a 9–3 record and a No. 23 ranking in the final Associated Press poll. In 1996, ECU gave the Miami Hurricanes their worst defeat (31–6) in the Orange Bowl in 12 seasons. In 1999, ECU upset #9 Miami at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh, North Carolina, after Hurricane Floyd devastated Greenville. For this 9–3 season, which also included victories over West Virginia, South Carolina, and NC State en route to another bowl game. the team won the ESPN Spirit Award. He resigned on December 7, 2002 after a "substandard" 4–8 season. Three of Logan's quarterbacks; Jeff Blake, Marcus Crandell, and David Garrard went on to pro careers.

Logan rejoined former assistant Jeff Jagodzinski as offensive coordinator at Boston College in 2007. He helped develop quarterback Matt Ryan, who would win the ACC Player of the Year, the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the Manning Award and was named the AP NFL Rookie of the Year.

In January 2009, Jagodzinski got fired after interviewing for the New York Jets head coaching vacancy.[12] Logan was considered a candidate to replace him, and interviewed for the job with Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo.[13] After the school had promoted defensive coordinator Frank Spaziani to the head coaching position, Logan decided to leave the program.

Logan was hired as the running backs coach for the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers on February 11, 2009,[15] reuniting him with Jagodzinski, the team's offensive coordinator. After Jagodzinski's firing in September 2009,[16] Logan remained on the Buccaneers staff.

Logan's nickname at ECU was Riverboat Gambler. They would score inside of 2 minutes quite often..Ben would LOVE this guy..

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Bobby April an ex Steelers special teams coach. He has mentioned before he would like considered for a coaching job other than a special teams coach.

He is a darn good special teams coach and I think that works against him for any advancement. The guy would be great, fresh ideas and a attacking style OC if he was given the chance. I bet he would place a balanced attack with some pretty good suprise plays too.

Go ahead, begin your laugh fest.

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Bobby April an ex Steelers special teams coach. He has mentioned before he would like considered for a coaching job other than a special teams coach.

He is a darn good special teams coach and I think that works against him for any advancement. The guy would be great, fresh ideas and a attacking style OC if he was given the chance. I bet he would place a balanced attack with some pretty good suprise plays too.

Go ahead, begin your laugh fest.
    LOL!!!!! You asked for it.
    Don't disagree with you though.

Not H Jackson
    Not Todd Haley
    Not Randy Fitchner
    Not Jim Caldwell

Other than that, I'm good with any of the others mentioned.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Post your OC candidates here....

Or who will we call to be fired next season

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

If the Steelers don't hire outside the team then, it's probably a moot point that they allowed Arians to go.
    Ben has said in the past that, if he doesn't like the play calls Arians would change it. Ben doesn't need another buddy but he needs a guy that he can respect and listen to.
    His QB coach whom he calls Goose, doesn't seem like the type of relationship that Ben will play, follow the leader.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    If the Steelers don't hire outside the team then, it's probably a moot point that they allowed Arians to go.
    Ben has said in the past that, if he doesn't like the play calls Arians would change it. Ben doesn't need another buddy but he needs a guy that he can respect and listen to.
    His QB coach whom he calls Goose, doesn't seem like the type of relationship that Ben will play, follow the leader.
    That was the biggest problem with Arians. How can you respect a guy who you are second-guessing?

We need an OC that will get in Ben's face once in a while.

Backup

Could Merrill Hoge be a candidate???

He has been a mentor to Ben thru all of Ben's misdeed's, and of course,
    is a former Steelers player...

Just not sure of Hogies resume as far as coaching at this level, or being an
    OC for that matter.

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

I always thought Meril or Tunch would make good coaches.. I guess Tunch has been approached before with Tunch wanting more family time he, turned it down. That has to be a consuming job being a coach.

Watching the niners for the second week in a row, i'm impressed with some of these unique run plays and the overall effectiveness of the o line. I'd love to have Greg Roman. He won't leave, but still...wow.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285