Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your OC candidates here....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Post your OC candidates here....

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Anybody from Sean Payton coaching tree.
    If I told you the Saints was top half of the league in rushing would you believe me.
    Yeah, I would be stoked if we could lure Lombardi up here.
    No 4 in rushing, and a very nice balance of short to long range passes. Not to mention involving the Te pos.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    CLYDE CHRISTENSEN
    wow very impressive...
    Unless Christensen is fired we can't hire him.
    Unless the Steelers ask permission to interview him...I don't think Irsay would begrudge a coach an opportunity when he currently has 0% job security...
    Can't ask for permission for a lateral move. If it was head coach..yes but not OC to OC.

Rookie

User Info Menu

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":1fqwnabj
    CLYDE CHRISTENSEN
    wow very impressive...
    Unless the Steelers ask permission to interview him...I don't think Irsay would begrudge a coach an opportunity when he currently has 0% job security...
    Can't ask for permission for a lateral move. If it was head coach..yes but not OC to OC.[/quote:1fqwnabj]

Actually, you can ask permission to interview for a lateral move...

With any coaching opportunity except head coach, the team currently employing the coach has to grant permission for an interview...the Steelers have denied permission to other teams to interview Keith Butler, for example, and that was for a promotion to DC...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":10zbi3q0
    CLYDE CHRISTENSEN
    wow very impressive...
    Can't ask for permission for a lateral move. If it was head coach..yes but not OC to OC.[/quote:10zbi3q0]

Could also give him an additional 'assistant' title and pay, like we did with John Mitchell.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Geep Chryst, 49ers QB coach.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geep_Chryst[/url]

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/19/49ers-share-playcalling-duties/[/url]

Not the most impressive resume, but he helped turn Alex Smith in a respectable qb this year, and has been involved in a few run heavy offenses.

There have been some rumblings in the past that the Steelers wanted to shift to more of a run focused offense, and with a background in Carolina and San Fran, Chryst has that background.

I'm not saying that I'd like to see the offense return to three yards and a cloud of dust, but if teams had to worry about the running game and short passing game more, it could open up more of the deep passes that Ben likes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Actually, you can ask permission to interview for a lateral move...

With any coaching opportunity except head coach, the team currently employing the coach has to grant permission for an interview...the Steelers have denied permission to other teams to interview Keith Butler, for example, and that was for a promotion to DC...
    The Colts don't have to grant the Steelers permission so worded it wrong. A team can ask permission for lateral move or promotion but it doesn't have to be granted. If a team ask for permission for a promotion to head coach it has to be granted if it is after the season but before March 1. The Colts won't allow it until they have there head coach in place.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I guess that's up to Irsay and the GM...it can't hurt to ask, assuming Tomlin is interested...

Both Caldwell and Christiansen were holdovers from the Dungy regime...again, I don't see why you don't grant permission if the house is being cleaned...

Apparently, the Rams granted New England permission to interview and hire Josh McDaniels...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess that's up to Irsay and the GM...it can't hurt to ask, assuming Tomlin is interested...

Both Caldwell and Christiansen were holdovers from the Dungy regime...again, I don't see why you don't grant permission if the house is being cleaned...

Apparently, the Rams granted New England permission to interview and hire Josh McDaniels...
    If there is interest it wouldn't hurt to ask. I just think the Colts will just wait until the have a HC in place and let the HC decide if he wants to bring his own guy in.

I do believe McDaniels was released from his contract by the Rams and the Patriots didn't have to ask them for permission or they told him he wouldn't be held to his contract. Either way...He was on his way out.

Rookie

User Info Menu

We'll see...

It's probably a moot point, as Tomlin's self-professed preference for continuity will probably put Fichtner in the OC position...

Of course, that opens up a spot for a QB coach...that might be interesting to watch...

I can see someone like Jeremy Bates (who was Jay Cutler's QB coach in Denver) who worked with Tomlin for a time in Tampa...

Reportedly, Cutler loved having him as a position coach and part of the reason for the rift between Cutler and McDaniels was Bates losing his job...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Todd Haley, plus he's a Pittsburgh guy.

As a youth, Haley was a ball boy for the Steelers and attended Steelers training camps with his father.[2] Alongside his father, Haley would watch the Steelers' game and practice film.[2][3] While his family was located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for his father's profession, Haley attended Upper St. Clair High School.[2] He went on to attend the University of Florida and University of Miami, playing on the two schools' respective golf squads.[2] Haley graduated from the University of North Florida in 1991 with a bachelor's degree in communication.[2]

Haley was hired by the New York Jets in 1995 and served as an assistant in the scouting department for two seasons. At the time, Haley's father Dick was working with the Jets as Director of Player Personnel.[3] In 1997, he was promoted to offensive assistant/quality control coach and worked closely with then-offensive coordinator Charlie Weis. From 1999 to 2000 Haley was the Jets' wide receivers coach, helping Keyshawn Johnson make his second Pro Bowl appearance. During his tenure with the Jets, Haley began his association with Scott Pioli, who served as Director of Pro Personnel for the Jets from 1997 to 1999. Pioli later became the general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs and hired Haley as the team's head coach in 2009.
    In 2001, Haley joined the Chicago Bears as wide receivers coach and served in the position until 2003. In 2002, he helped Marty Booker become the first Bears Pro Bowl wide receiver since 1971.
    From 2004 to 2006, Haley was the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys. Haley helped develop quarterback Tony Romo and the Cowboys' passing offense, which centered around wide receivers Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens.
    In 2007, Haley joined Ken Whisenhunt's coaching staff for the Arizona Cardinals as the team's offensive coordinator. Haley did not start calling plays for the Cardinals until late in the season.[4] The Cardinals finished in the top half of the NFL in multiple offensive categories.
    Under Haley’s guidance, the Cardinals offense in 2008 was one of the league’s most innovative and explosive units.[2] Arizona tied for third in the league in scoring, registering a franchise-record 427 points (26.7 ppg).[2] The Cardinals were fourth in total offense, averaging 365.8 yards per game.[2] Arizona was second in the league in passing offense (292.1 ypg) and ranked sixth in the NFL with 20.5 first downs per game.[2] The Cardinals finished the season with a 9-7 record and a playoff berth after winning the NFC West Division title. The Cardinals went on to appear in their first Super Bowl in franchise history after the team scored more than 30 points in each of its three playoff games.