Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Savran on 970 this am

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Savran on 970 this am

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Our we only allowed to look at black backup QB's or something? What am I missing here? Why don't we give McNabb a call?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Does anyone think that if the Browns draft Robert Griffin III as speculated that Colt McCoy could get the axe? If so he could be decent backup material.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Our we only allowed to look at black backup QB's or something? What am I missing here? Why don't we give McNabb a call?
    I think we had a brief discussion on this in the Jerrod Johnson thread as well. Just seems insane to me.....

@_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

is this part of the Rooney Rule or something?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Why don't we give McNabb a call?
    Don't try to ruin the day that Arians got fired.

The thought of seeing McNabb in black and gold would make me puke, much like he did (allegedly) in the Super Bowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

Its confirmed he signed a reserve/futures contract with us. Scary stats in San Fran

Year Team GP GS Comp Att Pct Yards Avg TD INT Rate Sack Att Yards TD Avg FUM
    2010 San Francisco 6 5 73 145 50.3% 1176 16.1 5 4 77.8 18 23 121 1 5.2 6
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Administrator

User Info Menu

waste of a signing ....
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Probably getting him on the cheap and know that Dixon will move on.

I don't care who they sign as long as it results in Dixon moving on.
    Why the hate for Dixon? He's started a whole 2 or 3 games but is labeled a bust. I'll bet you Terry Bradshaw is glad you weren't his coach early in his career.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    waste of a signing ....

Dennis Dixon is as good as gone and we need someone to take his roster spot. also, I'll bet we signed Troy Smith to a very modest contract so there isn't really any risk in bringing him into camp and letting him compete for one of the backup QB positions.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel
    Does anyone think that if the Browns draft Robert Griffin III as speculated that Colt McCoy could get the axe? If so he could be decent backup material.
    You forget that Colt McCoy is white...we haven't had a white backup QB in Pittsburgh since the Mike Tomczak era. We'll have to wait until RG3 flames out in Cleveland, then pick him up.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.