Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Savran on 970 this am

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Savran on 970 this am

He was saying we're closing to signing Troy Smith QB...thought I'd pass this on, found it to be interesting.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Savran on 970 this am

WTH! ? !
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Probably getting him on the cheap and know that Dixon will move on.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Probably getting him on the cheap and know that Dixon will move on.

I don't care who they sign as long as it results in Dixon moving on.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He was saying we're closing to signing Troy Smith QB...thought I'd pass this on, found it to be interesting.
    Didn't he just get arrested over Christmas?
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seems fine as a cheap option to compete for the #3 QB role at best, or at worst, provide a camp arm.

Legend

User Info Menu

I mentioned that he signed in another thread. He's a good option considering all of the backup QB's are UFA's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our we only allowed to look at black backup QB's or something? What am I missing here? Why don't we give McNabb a call?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel
    He did. Doesn't sound like a real serious deal:
    [url="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/996704-troy-smith-arrested-in-cleveland-is-steep-drop-for-former-ohio-state-heisman"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9967 ... te-heisman[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel

Former Heisman Trophy QB Troy Smith Arrested In Cleveland

Published: 24th Dec 11
    by Robert D. Cobb - Cleveland Browns Featured Columnist

Cleveland, Ohio – According to a FOX 8 Cleveland news report, former Ohio State Buckeye and 2006 Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Troy Smith was arrested in Cleveland.

Smith, a Cleveland, Ohio native and former standout at Cleveland high school powerhouse, Glenville, was a NFL quarterback with the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers was arrested Friday night for a traffic violation.

Reports would further state that Smith had an outstanding warrant for driving under a suspended license.

A former fifth-round pick of the Ravens in 2007, Smith would compile a8-5 record in 13 starts, pass for 1,734 yards and a QB rating of 78.5.

Smith would go 3-2 as a starter in San Francisco, highlighted by a 356-yard, one touchdown perfomance in a victory of the St Louis Rams.

San Francisco’s new head coach, Jim Harbaugh would decide to not retain Smith, who would sign with the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League.

[url="http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/2011/12/24/former-heisman-trophy-qb-troy-smith-arrested-in-cleveland/"]http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/201 ... cleveland/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha