Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

Legend

User Info Menu

The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

Here’s a list of the players 20 different mock drafts have the Steelers taking. The majority think they are going D with 10 picks and only 5 on O. The players on the most drafts were Donte Hightower (props to Dee Dub for the early mention) with 5 drafts followed by Dontari Poe listed on 4 drafts. Cordy Glenn was listed twice. The other 9 had different players. Heights and weights are from the drafts or a quick Google (I know they can vary depending on site).

Hopefully gives you some names to check out:

D:
    Donte Hightower – MLB – 6’4”/258 – Bama (5 drafts)
    Dontari Poe – NT – 6’5”/350 – Memphis (4 drafts - Kiper had Poe)
    Vontaze Burfic – MLB – 6’3”/250 – Az St
    Keeston Randle – DL -6’5”/295 – Tx
    Brandon Thompson – DL – 6’2”/310 – Clemson
    Chase Minifield – CB – 6’/188 – VA
    Alemeda Ta’Amu – DL – 6’3”/335 – Wash
    Janoris Jenkins – CB – 5’10”/185 – N. Alabama (played at UF for a few seasons)

O:
    Cordy Glenn – OG – 6’4”/331 – Georgia (saw him listed as big as 6'5"/340's)
    Kelechi Osemele – OG – 6’5”/347 – Iowa St
    Coby Fleener – TE – 6’6”/240 – Stanford
    Michael Floyd – WR – 6’/229 - ND

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Here’s a list of the players 20 different mock drafts have the Steelers taking. The majority think they are going D with 10 picks and only 5 on O. The players on the most drafts were Donte Hightower (props to Dee Dub for the early mention) with 5 drafts followed by Dontari Poe listed on 4 drafts. Cordy Glenn was listed twice. The other 9 had different players. Heights and weights are from the drafts or a quick Google (I know they can vary depending on site).

D:
    Keeston Randle – DL -6’5”/295 – Neb
    Chase Minifer – CB – 6’/188 – VA

O:
    Kheeston Randall is from Texas, not Nebraska (plus he has a 3rd or 4th round grade, not a 1st).

The CB from UVa is Chase Minnifield (former Browns CB Frank Minnifield's kid).

Janoris Jenkins has too much of an off-the-field rap sheet for us to even consider him.

A first round TE for us? Wow...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fixed those mistakes. Thanks.

The "logic" behind the TE pick was the Steelers have watched what NE did with their TE's and realize what a weapon he could be along with an aging Miller. That's what it said (and why I put experts in quotes).

Don't see them taking another small WR in round 1 either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fixed those mistakes. Thanks.

The "logic" behind the TE pick was the Steelers have watched what NE did with their TE's and realize what a weapon he could be along with an aging Miller. That's what it said (and why I put experts in quotes).

Don't see them taking another small WR in round 1 either.
    I think Weslye Saunders could be a weapon alongside Heath if used correctly.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'd like to see what Saunders can do now, after playing a full season and having a full offseason...

The fact that he even made the team after a year off from organized football and no offseason is pretty remarkable...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I'd like to see what Saunders can do now, after playing a full season and having a full offseason...

The fact that he even made the team after a year off from organized football and no offseason is pretty remarkable...
    And now that Arians has retired, we'll see how a new O.C. plans to utilize the talents of Heath and Weslye.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cordy Glenn is the right pick in Round 1 with Alemda Ta'amu in Round 2.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With a new OC coming in, that 1st round pick may be more likely to be on that side of the ball to get the new coach someone he can call 'his guy'.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Cordy Glenn is the right pick in Round 1 with Alemda Ta'amu in Round 2.
    I would be thrilled with Glenn..but I dont think he will be there at 24 and I know for a fact Ta'amu wont be there at 56.

Ovi I dont think you are being realistic.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

D:
    Keeston Randle – DL -6’5”/295 – Neb
    Chase Minifer – CB – 6’/188 – VA

O:
    Kheeston Randall is from Texas, not Nebraska (plus he has a 3rd or 4th round grade, not a 1st).

The CB from UVa is Chase Minnifield (former Browns CB Frank Minnifield's kid).

Janoris Jenkins has too much of an off-the-field rap sheet for us to even consider him.

A first round TE for us? Wow...
    Wow. Chase is Frank Minnifield son. I didn't know that. He was a great DB back in the browns brief 80's heyday... I mean the guy was really good. If Chase plays anything like his dad, I'd have to give this kid a good look..