Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,875

    The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    Here’s a list of the players 20 different mock drafts have the Steelers taking. The majority think they are going D with 10 picks and only 5 on O. The players on the most drafts were Donte Hightower (props to Dee Dub for the early mention) with 5 drafts followed by Dontari Poe listed on 4 drafts. Cordy Glenn was listed twice. The other 9 had different players. Heights and weights are from the drafts or a quick Google (I know they can vary depending on site).

    Hopefully gives you some names to check out:

    D:
    Donte Hightower – MLB – 6’4”/258 – Bama (5 drafts)
    Dontari Poe – NT – 6’5”/350 – Memphis (4 drafts - Kiper had Poe)
    Vontaze Burfic – MLB – 6’3”/250 – Az St
    Keeston Randle – DL -6’5”/295 – Tx
    Brandon Thompson – DL – 6’2”/310 – Clemson
    Chase Minifield – CB – 6’/188 – VA
    Alemeda Ta’Amu – DL – 6’3”/335 – Wash
    Janoris Jenkins – CB – 5’10”/185 – N. Alabama (played at UF for a few seasons)

    O:
    Cordy Glenn – OG – 6’4”/331 – Georgia (saw him listed as big as 6'5"/340's)
    Kelechi Osemele – OG – 6’5”/347 – Iowa St
    Coby Fleener – TE – 6’6”/240 – Stanford
    Michael Floyd – WR – 6’/229 - ND

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,747

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Here’s a list of the players 20 different mock drafts have the Steelers taking. The majority think they are going D with 10 picks and only 5 on O. The players on the most drafts were Donte Hightower (props to Dee Dub for the early mention) with 5 drafts followed by Dontari Poe listed on 4 drafts. Cordy Glenn was listed twice. The other 9 had different players. Heights and weights are from the drafts or a quick Google (I know they can vary depending on site).

    Hopefully gives you some names to check out:

    D:
    Donte Hightower – MLB – 6’4”/258 – Bama (5 drafts)
    Dontari Poe – NT – 6’5”/350 – Memphis (4 drafts - Kiper had Poe)
    Vontaze Burfic – MLB – 6’3”/250 – Az St
    Keeston Randle – DL -6’5”/295 – Neb
    Brandon Thompson – DL – 6’2”/310 – Clemson
    Chase Minifer – CB – 6’/188 – VA
    Alemeda Ta’Amu – DL – 6’3”/335 – Wash
    Janoris Jenkins – CB – 5’10”/185 – N. Alabama (played at UF for a few seasons)

    O:
    Cordy Glenn – OG – 6’4”/331 – Georgia (saw him listed as big as 6'5"/340's)
    Kelechi Osemele – OG – 6’5”/347 – Iowa St
    Coby Fleener – TE – 6’6”/240 – Stanford
    Michael Floyd – WR – 6’/229 - ND
    Kheeston Randall is from Texas, not Nebraska (plus he has a 3rd or 4th round grade, not a 1st).

    The CB from UVa is Chase Minnifield (former Browns CB Frank Minnifield's kid).

    Janoris Jenkins has too much of an off-the-field rap sheet for us to even consider him.

    A first round TE for us? Wow...


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    Fixed those mistakes. Thanks.

    The "logic" behind the TE pick was the Steelers have watched what NE did with their TE's and realize what a weapon he could be along with an aging Miller. That's what it said (and why I put experts in quotes).

    Don't see them taking another small WR in round 1 either.

  4. #4
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,747

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Fixed those mistakes. Thanks.

    The "logic" behind the TE pick was the Steelers have watched what NE did with their TE's and realize what a weapon he could be along with an aging Miller. That's what it said (and why I put experts in quotes).

    Don't see them taking another small WR in round 1 either.
    I think Weslye Saunders could be a weapon alongside Heath if used correctly.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  5. #5

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    I'd like to see what Saunders can do now, after playing a full season and having a full offseason...

    The fact that he even made the team after a year off from organized football and no offseason is pretty remarkable...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,747

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I'd like to see what Saunders can do now, after playing a full season and having a full offseason...

    The fact that he even made the team after a year off from organized football and no offseason is pretty remarkable...
    And now that Arians has retired, we'll see how a new O.C. plans to utilize the talents of Heath and Weslye.



    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,796

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    Cordy Glenn is the right pick in Round 1 with Alemda Ta'amu in Round 2.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,430

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    With a new OC coming in, that 1st round pick may be more likely to be on that side of the ball to get the new coach someone he can call 'his guy'.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,652

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Cordy Glenn is the right pick in Round 1 with Alemda Ta'amu in Round 2.
    I would be thrilled with Glenn..but I dont think he will be there at 24 and I know for a fact Ta'amu wont be there at 56.

    Ovi I dont think you are being realistic.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  10. #10

    Re: The "Experts" have the Steelers picking:

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Here’s a list of the players 20 different mock drafts have the Steelers taking. The majority think they are going D with 10 picks and only 5 on O. The players on the most drafts were Donte Hightower (props to Dee Dub for the early mention) with 5 drafts followed by Dontari Poe listed on 4 drafts. Cordy Glenn was listed twice. The other 9 had different players. Heights and weights are from the drafts or a quick Google (I know they can vary depending on site).

    Hopefully gives you some names to check out:

    D:
    Donte Hightower – MLB – 6’4”/258 – Bama (5 drafts)
    Dontari Poe – NT – 6’5”/350 – Memphis (4 drafts - Kiper had Poe)
    Vontaze Burfic – MLB – 6’3”/250 – Az St
    Keeston Randle – DL -6’5”/295 – Neb
    Brandon Thompson – DL – 6’2”/310 – Clemson
    Chase Minifer – CB – 6’/188 – VA
    Alemeda Ta’Amu – DL – 6’3”/335 – Wash
    Janoris Jenkins – CB – 5’10”/185 – N. Alabama (played at UF for a few seasons)

    O:
    Cordy Glenn – OG – 6’4”/331 – Georgia (saw him listed as big as 6'5"/340's)
    Kelechi Osemele – OG – 6’5”/347 – Iowa St
    Coby Fleener – TE – 6’6”/240 – Stanford
    Michael Floyd – WR – 6’/229 - ND
    Kheeston Randall is from Texas, not Nebraska (plus he has a 3rd or 4th round grade, not a 1st).

    The CB from UVa is Chase Minnifield (former Browns CB Frank Minnifield's kid).

    Janoris Jenkins has too much of an off-the-field rap sheet for us to even consider him.

    A first round TE for us? Wow...
    Wow. Chase is Frank Minnifield son. I didn't know that. He was a great DB back in the browns brief 80's heyday... I mean the guy was really good. If Chase plays anything like his dad, I'd have to give this kid a good look..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •