Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Under the radar OLine FA

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,232

    Under the radar OLine FA

    I just read about this guy named Evan Mathis from the Eagles.

    According to Pro Football Focus he was the best OL player in the league this year, being the only player not to have a single game in which he graded negatively.

    He hadn't started a game since 2009 and was brought to the Eagles on a one-year contract, and expected to be a backup.


    I still don't really know anything about the guy, but he could be a great under the radar, Steelers type signing.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,353

    Re: Under the radar OLine FA

    He's a decent signing in Madden if you are short quality interior OL guys..


    Don't know how this translates to the NFL though.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: Under the radar OLine FA

    A Steelers type of signing would be a guy like Jeremy Zuttah or Chilo Rachal if they were looking to free agency. If they end up releasing Kemo they may look to FA but I think they may address their own and draft another OG.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

  4. #4
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: Under the radar OLine FA

    I remember Mathis playing for the Bengals for a few years...


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925

    Re: Under the radar OLine FA

    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    A Steelers type of signing would be a guy like Jeremy Zuttah or Chilo Rachal if they were looking to free agency. If they end up releasing Kemo they may look to FA but I think they may address their own and draft another OG.
    Zuttah is a guy I had mentioned before. I remember the Steelers having interest in him around draft time, and from what I recall, he had pretty good mobility, which is something the Steelers like in their guards.

    If it could work cap wise, I could see the Steelers adding on OG through the draft and one through FA.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,821

    Re: Under the radar OLine FA

    I'd love to get Zuttah but he won't be a cheap signing. Get Zuttah and send Foster to the back up role where he belongs. Then draft Cordy Glenn and we will have an OL to talk about.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: Under the radar OLine FA

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'd love to get Zuttah but he won't be a cheap signing. Get Zuttah and send Foster to the back up role where he belongs. Then draft Cordy Glenn and we will have an OL to talk about.
    I'm not so sure he would all that expensive and that's why I said he was a Steelers type of signing. The Bucs allowed him to play out his final year while he bounced in & out of the starting line-up. I would rather try and "hit it" in the draft then bring in a lower level FA.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381

    Re: Under the radar OLine FA

    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'd love to get Zuttah but he won't be a cheap signing. Get Zuttah and send Foster to the back up role where he belongs. Then draft Cordy Glenn and we will have an OL to talk about.
    I'm not so sure he would all that expensive and that's why I said he was a Steelers type of signing. The Bucs allowed him to play out his final year while he bounced in & out of the starting line-up. I would rather try and "hit it" in the draft then bring in a lower level FA.
    How do you feel about Kasey Studdard. Before he got hurt, he was scheduled to be the starting guard for the Texans. Also, Brisiel from the Texans is a free agent. John Mclain with the Houston Chronicle is predicting he can be signed for a very reasonable price.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •