Thread: My Early 3 Round Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

My Early 3 Round Mock

Round 1
    Jerel Worthy-DT, Michigan State 6 foot 3 310#- You know I have to rep the Big Ten. And Worthy is a name I kept seeing pop up. I was impressed with his play. He was a man amongst boys when seeing one on one action. Most teams had to double team him, as he is not only very strong and physical but he has tremendous athletic ability for a big man. He has all the tools to be a tremendous 3-4 NT. I like this guy a lot.
    Round 2

Kelechi Osemele-G Iowa State, 6 foot 6 347 pounds, Whoo wee! I really like this OG’s potential. He is huge, strong, and has the potential to be a very good guard or even RT at the next level. I believe he would start from day 1.
    Round 3

Marvin McNutt-WR Iowa 6 foot 4 215 pounds-I got to see a lot of McNutt. He is a terrific receiver with magnificent hands. He isn’t that fast but he is big, runs terrific routes, has amazing hands, and just knows how to find holes in D’s. I think he has the most potential to outplay his draft selection of all the guys I have looked at.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: My Early 3 Round Mock

Ok Shawn I feel ya. But those first two scare me. Worthy is known for having an on-again-off-again motor. And every time I saw Osemele play he was horrible in pass blocking. That was at LT so if at guard it could be a different story. Love the McNutt pick. I am hoping we get him in round 4 though.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Ok Shawn I feel ya. But those first two scare me. Worthy is known for having an on-again-off-again motor. And every time I saw Osemele play he was horrible in pass blocking. That was at LT so if at guard it could be a different story. Love the McNutt pick. I am hoping we get him in round 4 though.
    We both know Osemele isn't a LT at any level especially at the NFL level. He isn't nimble enough to deal with speed rushers. As an OG though? Oh yeah...big strong and able to deal with junk in the middle. I have little doubt he will be a special OG in the NFL.

The on again off again motor of Worthy is a bum rap. The reason he got that was because they switched up what he was doing. Early on in his college career they let him get after the QB. For a big guy, he did that well. Later though they changed up his assignments. He was no longer asked to rush the passer. He was asked to take on double teams and free up his linebackers. And he did that as well as anyone in the nation. When the Buckeyes played Michigan State, I kept seeing his name pop up. The OSU line couldn't handle him. At times he looked like he was swatting flies. He is a trimmer, more athletic Cody.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude. Epic Mock Draft! That is BEAST!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Yep, DL three years in a row.
    Almost, but not quite...Pouncey was sandwiched in between Hood and Heyward. Three out of four ain't bad.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wouldn't be at all disappointed if it played out that way, especially if we got a stud ILB in free agency. Then, we could target a FS and OL projects in rounds 4-6.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the McNutt pick in Round 3 but I'm going

Round 1: Cordy Glenn, OG/OT, Georgia
    Round 2: Almeada Ta'amu, NT, Washington
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"