Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stonio Again!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Stonio Again!!

[url="http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/santonio_holmes_accused_of_quitting_on_jets/9066196"]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... ts/9066196[/url]

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson said the $45 million receiver displayed a demeanor “throughout the game” that didn’t sit well with the rest of his offensive cohorts, and “they said something to him about it.”

That triggered a shouting match between Holmes and right tackle Wayne Hunter, which led to Holmes’ benching and subsequent criticism from teammates.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter learned, via a team source, that Holmes has “developed a reputation in the locker room for not working hard during the week.”

The source, a player that chose to remain nameless, also proclaimed that Holmes “quit” on the Jets, who were officially eliminated from playoff contention, ending a disappointing season that once again began with championship expectations.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Stonio Again!!

Antonio Brown over Stonio the Clown any day!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/santonio_holmes_accused_of_quitting_on_jets/9066196

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson said the $45 million receiver displayed a demeanor “throughout the game” that didn’t sit well with the rest of his offensive cohorts, and “they said something to him about it.”

That triggered a shouting match between Holmes and right tackle Wayne Hunter, which led to Holmes’ benching and subsequent criticism from teammates.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter learned, via a team source, that Holmes has “developed a reputation in the locker room for not working hard during the week.”

The source, a player that chose to remain nameless, also proclaimed that Holmes “quit” on the Jets, who were officially eliminated from playoff contention, ending a disappointing season that once again began with championship expectations.
    Stonio will have lots of time now for "not working hard during the week", and can "chill" extra easy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is Santonio still on this team? That's what I thought. You need to be more worried about Benio then Santonio....

Legend

User Info Menu

Jets teammate on Holmes: “He quit”

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 1, 2012

There were a lot of ugly moments during the Jets’ meltdown in Miami Sunday, but one stood above the rest.

Santonio Holmes, after barking at a teammate in the huddle, was pulled from the game late in the fourth quarter. He sat on the bench with his helmet off, not even paying attention as his team’s season ended.

After the game, one unnamed Jets teammate said Holmes “quit” on the team. And it didn’t start this week.

“He quit,” the player told Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “It’s happened for the past two to three weeks. It’s happened all season.”

Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer apparently made the call to take Holmes out.

“I looked out there, and I was wondering why he wasn’t out there myself,” coach Rex Ryan said. “I didn’t bench Santonio. You’ll have to ask him.”

It looks like Ryan is in self-preservation mode, trying to maintain his relationship with Holmes. Multiple players told Vrentas that Holmes “moped” throughout the game and often ignored Mark Sanchez. One player already told Holmes to get off the field if he wasn’t going to help the team.

“I’ll tell you what, it’s tough for guys to follow a captain that kind of behaves in that manner,” LaDainian Tomlinson said. “When you’re a captain, guys are looking at you, you’ve got to lead by example. You’ve got to play your tail off until the last play. And when that don’t happen, you have guys looking at you in a way that captains shouldn’t be looked at.”

Tomlinson said that guys were unhappy with Holmes’ demeanor. That demeanor didn’t improve much after the game.

Holmes made it clear he wasn’t happy with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, saying it wasn’t his decision if Schottenheimer returned.

Holmes was then asked about his future with the team.

“Thank you guys,” Holmes said before abruptly ending his press conference.

It’s going to be fun offseason in New York.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/jets-teammate-on-holmes-he-quit/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-he-quit/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That's definitely not how you be great.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

He got his payday and money. He will become another Albert Hanesworth.
    Meanwhile, guys like Peyton Manning earns his paychecks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So will he be a Raider or Bengal next season?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown becomes the 1st player in NFL history with 1,000 receiving yards and 1,000 return yards!

Santonio Holmes,quit the player told Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “It’s happened for the past two to three weeks. It’s happened all season.”

Good use of a 5th round pick if you ask me

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm just glad those windbags lost. I don't care for the brash coaches like the Jets coach, Ravens and Niner coaches. That kind of coaching only goes so far and eventually those teams implode.
    I love when egos like Ryans hit the wall of defeat.