Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I think that cap hit is mistaken...

Colon got a $6 million bonus on a five year contract...that pro-rates at $1.2 million per year...

That leaves $4.8 mil...unless Colon's cap it is more than $9 million, the Steelers won't save anywhere near $4.5 million...
    They can save $4.5M in 2012 if they are willing to roll $3.6M of cap hit into 2013.

I don't see them doing this, I don't remember them ever doing this in the past, but it is possible.
    simmons??

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    How many of you believe the Steelers will go into the season with a 2nd year player at LT & a rookie starting at RT?

Colon will be back at RT, Chadman nearly guarentees it.
    How many of you believe Colon will stay healthy at RT this season?

Colon will get injured, SSS nearly guarantees it.

(And when he does, who is his back up?)

Rookie

User Info Menu

Colon had two season ending injuries, but they were radically different and more a result of terrible coincidence than anything else...

For the people pimping Max Starks to come back, he also suffered two different season ending injuries this year and last, like Colon...Max's injury timing was good enough that people here tend to forget that...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    I think that cap hit is mistaken...

Colon got a $6 million bonus on a five year contract...that pro-rates at $1.2 million per year...

That leaves $4.8 mil...unless Colon's cap it is more than $9 million, the Steelers won't save anywhere near $4.5 million...
    They can save $4.5M in 2012 if they are willing to roll $3.6M of cap hit into 2013.

I don't see them doing this, I don't remember them ever doing this in the past, but it is possible.
    Oh, so we're making the post-June 1st cut assumption...I get it...

Personally, the only post-June 1st cut that I see the Steelers making is possibly Kemoeatu this year...

The other positions (WR - Hines, CB - McFadden) there seems to be quality young players on the roster...I think the Steelers will go through the draft and free agency to see if they can come up with a player at OG...they will have some offseason workouts/minicamps to evaluate what they have and decide if Kemo is expendable or not prior to June...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    So who is a better RT coming out? Sanders or Glenn? Or is Glenn a better guard that can play RT if needed?
    They have completely different body types. Both are 6'5" but Sanders is listed at 307 lbs. while Glenn is listed at 348 lbs. Knowing our teams preferences, they tend to prefer road grader types at guard and right tackle. I think that Glenn fits that mold better (a potential starting guard who could fill in at RT if injuries strike).

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    So who is a better RT coming out? Sanders or Glenn? Or is Glenn a better guard that can play RT if needed?
    They have completely different body types. Both are 6'5" but Sanders is listed at 307 lbs. while Glenn is listed at 348 lbs. Knowing our teams preferences, they tend to prefer road grader types at guard and right tackle. I think that Glenn fits that mold better (a potential starting guard who could fill in at RT if injuries strike).

Glenn is #1 in my Mock. Start him inside and "grow him" to the outside when Colon gets injured again. Glenn has way more flexibility than Sanders.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Colon had two season ending injuries, but they were radically different and more a result of terrible coincidence than anything else...

For the people pimping Max Starks to come back, he also suffered two different season ending injuries this year and last, like Colon...Max's injury timing was good enough that people here tend to forget that...
    Just so I understand... Are you saying you think Colon will stay healthy this year?