Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,316

    Re: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I think that cap hit is mistaken...

    Colon got a $6 million bonus on a five year contract...that pro-rates at $1.2 million per year...

    That leaves $4.8 mil...unless Colon's cap it is more than $9 million, the Steelers won't save anywhere near $4.5 million...
    They can save $4.5M in 2012 if they are willing to roll $3.6M of cap hit into 2013.

    I don't see them doing this, I don't remember them ever doing this in the past, but it is possible.
    simmons??

  2. #22

    Re: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    How many of you believe the Steelers will go into the season with a 2nd year player at LT & a rookie starting at RT?


    Colon will be back at RT, Chadman nearly guarentees it.
    How many of you believe Colon will stay healthy at RT this season?

    Colon will get injured, SSS nearly guarantees it.

    (And when he does, who is his back up?)

  3. #23

    Re: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

    Colon had two season ending injuries, but they were radically different and more a result of terrible coincidence than anything else...

    For the people pimping Max Starks to come back, he also suffered two different season ending injuries this year and last, like Colon...Max's injury timing was good enough that people here tend to forget that...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

  4. #24

    Re: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I think that cap hit is mistaken...

    Colon got a $6 million bonus on a five year contract...that pro-rates at $1.2 million per year...

    That leaves $4.8 mil...unless Colon's cap it is more than $9 million, the Steelers won't save anywhere near $4.5 million...
    They can save $4.5M in 2012 if they are willing to roll $3.6M of cap hit into 2013.

    I don't see them doing this, I don't remember them ever doing this in the past, but it is possible.
    Oh, so we're making the post-June 1st cut assumption...I get it...

    Personally, the only post-June 1st cut that I see the Steelers making is possibly Kemoeatu this year...

    The other positions (WR - Hines, CB - McFadden) there seems to be quality young players on the roster...I think the Steelers will go through the draft and free agency to see if they can come up with a player at OG...they will have some offseason workouts/minicamps to evaluate what they have and decide if Kemo is expendable or not prior to June...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

  5. #25
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,912

    Re: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    So who is a better RT coming out? Sanders or Glenn? Or is Glenn a better guard that can play RT if needed?
    They have completely different body types. Both are 6'5" but Sanders is listed at 307 lbs. while Glenn is listed at 348 lbs. Knowing our teams preferences, they tend to prefer road grader types at guard and right tackle. I think that Glenn fits that mold better (a potential starting guard who could fill in at RT if injuries strike).


  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,731

    Re: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    So who is a better RT coming out? Sanders or Glenn? Or is Glenn a better guard that can play RT if needed?
    They have completely different body types. Both are 6'5" but Sanders is listed at 307 lbs. while Glenn is listed at 348 lbs. Knowing our teams preferences, they tend to prefer road grader types at guard and right tackle. I think that Glenn fits that mold better (a potential starting guard who could fill in at RT if injuries strike).


    Glenn is #1 in my Mock. Start him inside and "grow him" to the outside when Colon gets injured again. Glenn has way more flexibility than Sanders.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #27

    Re: Here is a thought on the Steelers draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Colon had two season ending injuries, but they were radically different and more a result of terrible coincidence than anything else...

    For the people pimping Max Starks to come back, he also suffered two different season ending injuries this year and last, like Colon...Max's injury timing was good enough that people here tend to forget that...
    Just so I understand... Are you saying you think Colon will stay healthy this year?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •