Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marcus Gilbert says he'll likely be moved to Left Tackle

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Marcus Gilbert says he'll likely be moved to Left Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    For some reason, the Steelers hate Starks and love Colon. If they treated Max like they're treating Willie, after Max tore his ACL in the final game, they'd have given him a raise and penciled him in as the starter.

For the life of me, I can't see how Colon > Starks.
    I've been banging that drum since Colon beat out Starks for the staring RT job in 2007.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    To count on Willie Colon in any capacity after missing the past two seasons due to injury is retarded. Heck, even relying on Pouncey at this point is worrisome considering his ankle history.
    We won't have to worry about that. The Steelers will know that going into the draft. Colon is already fully recovered & Pouncey is expected not to miss a beat. The retarded front office knows what they are doing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=ikestops85]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":2cyci37e
    I personally think Gilbert will blossom at LT and turn out to be on a "Marvel Smith" level or better. He has some pretty good feet and I like how he can recover because of his body control. He just plays over his feet...That is something you like to have going against speed rushers with some wiggle. You guys don't give him enough credit for what he did as a rookie without a camp..........
    I could see this too JPN.

Good post.
    I hope you guys are right. I just know that I was impressed with the job Gilbert did coming in as a rookie. I don't think Colon would have done nearly as well.[/quoteyci37e]

New shoes always smell better than the old ones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    it means that Gilbert and Colon are slated to be our starting OTs and Pouncey of course will start at OC.

Kemo is as good as gone so Legursky and Foster will be given the first shot to be our starting OGs and competition will come from a high draft choice or two and a possible low level FA signing.
    I knew what it meant on the outs and C but I am worried about the G's. Legs is a great back up, but I dont like his play every week, seems inconsistent. Foster is a mammoth of a man but that doesnt translate into anything if you cant play well. Just worried
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    I personally think Gilbert will blossom at LT and turn out to be on a "Marvel Smith" level or better. He has some pretty good feet and I like how he can recover because of his body control. He just plays over his feet...That is something you like to have going against speed rushers with some wiggle. You guys don't give him enough credit for what he did as a rookie without a camp. I also know there is alot of Colon haters. However, when healthy, & it appears that will be the case, he is a very good RT. This OL is one OG away from being very good and a second OG (which may be on the roster or in the draft) away from turning that corner and finally being a strength. Bash who you want...But I will take the 3 penciled starters and build.
    I thought Gilbert had a fantastic year. In some games, he was our best run blocker. His pass blocking was good in most games and poor in a few. Gilbert may never be an all pro type. But, he could be a solid LT or RT for years to come. Excellent draft choice who has already paid dividends.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

i'd rather they keep him on the Right wghere i feel he can be dominant. not sure if he has the attibutes tio be that on the left

and please dont draft a RT #1. as we've seen we can fill that later in the draft pretty nicely

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    For some reason, the Steelers hate Starks and love Colon. If they treated Max like they're treating Willie, after Max tore his ACL in the final game, they'd have given him a raise and penciled him in as the starter.

For the life of me, I can't see how Colon > Starks.
    Every non-Steeler site I have visited ranked Colon as top 5 RT in the league when he was starting. I guess we have the blinders on and see only the gaffs and not the good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Gilbert would be able to manage LT, better than anyone we have on the roster now. Unfortunately, Starks is injured and I can't really see him being penciled in as the starter even if he is signed, because the length of recovery and then is he going to be is game shape. Going forward to next year, I don't think there is a FA or a rookie able to step in at LT from day one. Gilbert is the only option at this point.

With Gilbert at LT, Colon will resume his play at RT, again by default. He played extremely well, but the injury bug got him again. Now if he can stay healthy, we have 2 good, solid Tackles.

Foster I think will given the shot to start, he maybe a little inconsistant , but then again playing next to different players different sides on a weekly basis might of been the biggest factor.

The same with Legurski.

But we have no depth and at either Guard or Tackle.

I see them drafting OL early and often. They will select the BPA available with the emphasis on Guard. And probably grab a Tackle in the 3rd or 4th for development.

Gilbert- Rookie-Pouncy-Foster/Leg-Colon

reservers
    G either Foster/Leg, C. Scott
    T FA, Rookie and going on a limb and sign Essx and Starks back again at a bargain.