Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

  1. #1

    Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    I would love it if we could get at least one of these guys.....

    Offensive Linemen - Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State
    Offensive tackle - Matt Kalil, University of Southern California
    Offensive Guard - Cordy Glenn, Georgia Bulldogs

    Think we have a chance?

    Sword

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,498

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sword
    I would love it if we could get at least one of these guys.....

    Offensive Linemen - Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State
    Offensive tackle - Matt Kalil, University of Southern California
    Offensive Guard - Cordy Glenn, Georgia Bulldogs

    Think we have a chance?

    Sword
    Kalil will be taken in the top 3 picks overall, so that is a pipe dream. Think he's earmarked to the Vikings already.

    Glenn I expect to come off the board in the low-20's. He may not be there for us, but if he is, he'll deserve some consideration for sure.

    Osemele is likely a 2nd round pick at this point. Not worth the #24 pick, and may not last until #56 (although I'd consider taking him with our second round pick if he were there).

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    If Cordy Glenn is available at 24 i hope Steelers can take a hard look at him. He can play LT or LG. He has position flexibility Steelers love.

    Another OG i would like Steelers to look at in Rd 2 is Brandon Washington from Miami. He played LT and LG for Miami.

    If Steelers don't take an OG in Rd 1 i hope Steelers make a run at Brandon Washington in Rd 2. Run blocking will improve tremendously.

    Steelers O-line will be big and ugly.
    Gilbert-Washington-Pouncey-Foster-Colon
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,979

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    No chance at Kalil. Glenn could go in the top 15 if he plays well at the Senior Bowl.

    Guys I like....


    Day Two
    Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati 6'5 302 lbs. High effort guy. Strong against the run and a very good interior pass rusher. (round 2-3)
    Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech 6'4 206lbs. Runs well, unbelievable athleticism. Raw and still filling out his body. (round 3). Would be able to contribute as a red zone threat right away. Could develop into a #1 receiver in a year or two.
    Jonathan Massaquoi DE/OLB 6'2.5 265 lbs. Massaquoi is a an explosive pass rusher. He could immediately become a nickel pass rusher for us (like Aldon Smith does for the 49ers). Massaquoi has some strength and shows an ability to bull rush OTs once he gets them leaning. In time, Massaquoi should develop into a complete OLB and Harrison's replacement. Here is some tape from 2010 (bear in mind that he is only a sophomore and has put on 15-20 pounds since this tape).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmaZVjwdzEk

    Middle round sleepers...

    Brandon Brooks G, Miami of Ohio 6'5, 352 lbs. Huge road grader with decent athleticism.
    Rishaw Johnson G, California (PA) 6'3.5 312 lbs. Mississippi transfer with great tools.
    Josh Norman CB, Coastal Carolina 6' 203 lbs.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword
    I would love it if we could get at least one of these guys.....

    Offensive Linemen - Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State
    Offensive tackle - Matt Kalil, University of Southern California
    Offensive Guard - Cordy Glenn, Georgia Bulldogs

    Think we have a chance?

    Sword
    Kalil will be taken in the top 3 picks overall, so that is a pipe dream. Think he's earmarked to the Vikings already.

    Glenn I expect to come off the board in the low-20's. He may not be there for us, but if he is, he'll deserve some consideration for sure.

    Osemele is likely a 2nd round pick at this point. Not worth the #24 pick, and may not last until #56 (although I'd consider taking him with our second round pick if he were there).
    Excellent post Ruthless! I agree. I really dont think Steeler fans would like Osemele. He struggled every time I saw him in pass blocking. Yes I know he was playing LT but he still looked bad.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  6. #6
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,096

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    Who knows anything about the following players they are rated near or at the #4 player at their positions?

    Jerel Worthy (DT) - 6'3", 310lbs, 5.04
    Janoris Jenkins (CB) - 5'10", 182lbs, 4.46
    Alshon Jeffrey (WR) - 6'4", 229lbs, 4.56
    Brandon Washington (OG) - 6'4", 320lbs, 5.36

    Any of those would be solid selections at positions that would benefit the Steelers almost immediately if they can play. Jenkins, probably less than the others, since the the current group of corners played well this year (barring the final game).

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Who knows anything about the following players they are rated near or at the #4 player at their positions?

    Jerel Worthy (DT) - 6'3", 310lbs, 5.04
    Janoris Jenkins (CB) - 5'10", 182lbs, 4.46
    Alshon Jeffrey (WR) - 6'4", 229lbs, 4.56
    Brandon Washington (OG) - 6'4", 320lbs, 5.36

    Any of those would be solid selections at positions that would benefit the Steelers almost immediately if they can play. Jenkins, probably less than the others, since the the current group of corners played well this year (barring the final game).

    Pappy

    I would be happy if Steelers draft Alshon Jeffrey in Rd 1 and Brandon Washington in Rd 2.

    Brandon washington is terrific Run-Blocker and very strong at POA.

    Jenkins in Top-15 talent but Steelers will stay away from him. I think he got busted 3-4 times for smoking pot and got thrown out of Univ. of Florida. He has Bungholes written all over him.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Who knows anything about the following players they are rated near or at the #4 player at their positions?

    Jerel Worthy (DT) - 6'3", 310lbs, 5.04
    Janoris Jenkins (CB) - 5'10", 182lbs, 4.46
    Alshon Jeffrey (WR) - 6'4", 229lbs, 4.56
    Brandon Washington (OG) - 6'4", 320lbs, 5.36

    Any of those would be solid selections at positions that would benefit the Steelers almost immediately if they can play. Jenkins, probably less than the others, since the the current group of corners played well this year (barring the final game).

    Pappy

    I would be happy if Steelers draft Alshon Jeffrey in Rd 1 and Brandon Washington in Rd 2.

    Brandon washington is terrific Run-Blocker and very strong at POA.

    Jenkins in Top-15 talent but Steelers will stay away from him. I think he got busted 3-4 times for smoking pot and got thrown out of Univ. of Florida. He has Bungholes written all over him.
    Yes exactly...and Jerel Worthy I would stay away from as well. His motor is on only half the time.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  9. #9
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,498

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Who knows anything about the following players they are rated near or at the #4 player at their positions?

    Jerel Worthy (DT) - 6'3", 310lbs, 5.04
    Janoris Jenkins (CB) - 5'10", 182lbs, 4.46
    Alshon Jeffrey (WR) - 6'4", 229lbs, 4.56
    Brandon Washington (OG) - 6'4", 320lbs, 5.36

    Any of those would be solid selections at positions that would benefit the Steelers almost immediately if they can play. Jenkins, probably less than the others, since the the current group of corners played well this year (barring the final game).

    Pappy

    I would be happy if Steelers draft Alshon Jeffrey in Rd 1 and Brandon Washington in Rd 2.

    Brandon washington is terrific Run-Blocker and very strong at POA.

    Jenkins in Top-15 talent but Steelers will stay away from him. I think he got busted 3-4 times for smoking pot and got thrown out of Univ. of Florida. He has Bungholes written all over him.


    That about sums it up.

  10. #10

    Re: Draft Picks you would like Steelers to take....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sword
    I would love it if we could get at least one of these guys.....

    Offensive Linemen - Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State
    Offensive tackle - Matt Kalil, University of Southern California
    Offensive Guard - Cordy Glenn, Georgia Bulldogs

    Think we have a chance?

    Sword
    As much as I am a proponent of drafting BPA....I would actually sign off on on drafting the best three O lineman with our top three picks.

    Our OL has been IMO unjustly been the scapegoat for everything that is wrong with our team. Can't score, can't run, can't throw, can't tackle, can't block, can't coach, QB gets killed all because of our pitiful OL. I just want to see all of this banter put to rest if we get some quality O lineman... I honestly want to see with my own eyes how much better our offense performs with a quality OL... I desperately want to know if it is indeed the OL that is keeping Ben from reaching his potential as a quarterback...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •