Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Biggest Need - DLine

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Biggest Need - DLine

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Maybe we should change the title of the thread to Biggest Need- Trenches (with a smattering of ILB)?

so, what's up mate?

like your mock draft in your sig, btw...
    What's up? Sitting hree watching the rain come down as hard as last year- flooding starting again....Brisbane is on alert...

Other than that...not a lot.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I picked an OLineman as the first pick in my mock. And I'd love to upgrade the O.

But I really believe our OLine is good enough where play calling and Ben can play good enough to win. And win SuperBowls.

But the D is getting no pressure. No turnovers. No splash plays whatsoever.

I want a DLineman that can dominate like Ngata or Suh. Heck I'd take a Justin Smith or a Vince Wilfork.

If you look back at our XL SuperBowl run, we dominated on D because of 1 man - Casey Hampton. He's no longer the same player. Add in Aaron Smith going down. And this D is not the same. Not even close.

If we had just one guy that was all world on our DLine, I think we'd be playing in 2 weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I picked an OLineman as the first pick in my mock. And I'd love to upgrade the O.

But I really believe our OLine is good enough where play calling and Ben can play good enough to win. And win SuperBowls.

I want a DLineman that can dominate like Ngata or Suh. Heck I'd take a Justin Smith or a Vince Wilfork.

If you look back at our XL SuperBowl run, we dominated on D because of 1 man - Casey Hampton. He's no longer the same player. Add in Aaron Smith going down. And this D is not the same. Not even close.

If we had just one guy that was all world on our DLine, I think we'd be playing in 2 weeks.
    all four of those guys you mentioned were top 10 draft picks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

If you look back at our XL SuperBowl run, we dominated on D because of 1 man - Casey Hampton. He's no longer the same player. Add in Aaron Smith going down. And this D is not the same. Not even close..
    I thought some guy named Porter had a little something to do with that run. He was more important than Casey. Fact is when Casey is out Hoke is good enough.

How we forget the role our dominant interior line played that year. Faneca and Hartings inside. The ability run inside with consistency. That fear opening up our passing game with a young QB despitenot having explosive receivers. We could run the clock out at will when we had a lead.

We can speculate about whether we win that year without. Casey.
    But the ability of Faneca to create a canyon for fast Willie to have a record TD. That was the difference between winning and losing, without a doubt.

I would love to draft a Ngata. You are notta gonna get a Ngata where we draft. We can wind up with a future Faneca. It is long overdue.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    I thought some guy named Porter had a little something to do with that run. He was more important than Casey. Fact is when Casey is out Hoke is good enough.

How we forget the role our dominant interior line played that year. Faneca and Hartings inside. The ability run inside with consistency. That fear opening up our passing game with a young QB despitenot having explosive receivers. We could run the clock out at will when we had a lead.

We can speculate about whether we win that year without. Casey.
    But the ability of Faneca to create a canyon for fast Willie to have a record TD. That was the difference between winning and losing, without a doubt.

I would love to draft a Ngata. You are notta gonna get a Ngata where we draft. We can wind up with a future Faneca. It is long overdue.
    I am probably one of the few who believes that Ziggy would be better at the NT position than at the 5-Tech DE...I think he's solid at 5-Tech, but with Hokie's success at NT, I think Ziggy could match that and improve upon it...

He was a successful interior DT in college...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.