Thread: Cotchery vs. Sanders

Cotchery vs. Sanders

Do we sign Cotchery to 3rd WR money??

I love Sanders but is he really better than Cotchery???
    What happens if Mike Wallace leaves for Free Agency after next year???
    With Sanders inability to stay healthy, do we risk moving forward as our #3??

I say it's a win/win situation to go forward w/ Cotchery as our #3 WR and make Sanders work his way back into the rotation.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Re: Cotchery vs. Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe

I say it's a win/win situation to go forward w/ Cotchery as our #3 WR and make Sanders work his way back into the rotation.
    I think Cotchery will be looking for a starting job somewhere. Don't think he'll be back with the Steelers next season. Hope I'm wrong.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe

I think Cotchery will be looking for a starting job somewhere. Don't think he'll be back with the Steelers next season. Hope I'm wrong.
    Number 3 is essentially starting, no?

Pro Bowler

Sanders was huge in the playoff game. He's got way more upside, BUT he can't stay healthy. I knew when we picked up Cotchery that if we used the guy he'd be solid. I'd love to keep both and honestly if I had to choose I still think I'd go with Sanders. However I do think that once veterans get a taste of what the Steelers organization has to offer they're willing to stay for less. I could see Cotchery staying to play the 4. We run enough big sets.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Sanders was huge in the playoff game. He's got way more upside, BUT he can't stay healthy. I knew when we picked up Cotchery that if we used the guy he'd be solid. I'd love to keep both and honestly if I had to choose I still think I'd go with Sanders. However I do think that once veterans get a taste of what the Steelers organization has to offer they're willing to stay for less. I could see Cotchery staying to play the 4. We run enough big sets.

If the Steelers had to choose, I'd gamble on the upside of Sanders. He has good quickness, good hands and runs good routes. I'd really like to see Cotchery stay as a veteran presence, and if the money and opportunity is close, I think he would choose the Steelers. But I also think there is at least a decent possibility that he gets a shot to go somewhere and compete to be the #2 WR.

Pro Bowler

IIRC Cotchery missed games due to injury and also had back surgery last year.
    Too early to give up on Sanders and Wallace isnt going anywhere.